stressed about gaining weight back

guided_diamond
on 8/22/10 1:04 am - NORWICH, CT
Revision on 04/02/13
I had my band adjusted in june because it took 45min to digest fluids and the doctor said it was to tight.  Now since then I have gained back 13 pounds and it is really upseting me.  I feel hungry now and in a month I am having a tummy tuck and hernia repair.  I went from being 226 to 243 I called
the doctor and was told that if i adjust my band it could pose a risk to my surgery.  I don't have a strong support system so I take a lot on myself.  Any suggestions will help thank you.
beth21181
on 8/22/10 12:52 pm
That's really tough. Have you tried journaling your food intake? Maybe it would give you a good perspective on what you're eating/doing and you could more easily identify the issue. You know what your body needs and how to work your band. Good job coming this far!

NaughtyZute
on 8/22/10 11:45 pm - Climax, MI
Actually, you do have a support system.  We're right here.  Write to us several times a day.  Talk about what's really going on with you. 

I know what helps me is protein.  My doctor says he does not like Adkins Advantage Shakes, but they work for me.  I know what helps me is writing here or privately.  Write about "sabotage" when we do it, why we do it, what are the benefits.  Look at what's really going on. I know Janine Roth got my attention in her book "Feeding the Hungry Heart" when she said that if we really wanted to be thin... we would be.  Our band is just a tool -- it's our brain we need to work on.  Good luck.  Please know we're here for you and pulling for you. 

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Tom C.
on 8/23/10 7:27 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

I agree journaling will help.

Go to the Realize My Success site, and start entering your food intake www.realizemysuccess.com/mySuccess/main.html.

Also do some exercise. I am not taking about running (unless you like that). Just get out of the house. Walk down the block and come back. Each day add a 1/2 a block - more if you can.

As for support, you have US here, and if you want more one-on-one interaction, email me at [email protected] (that goes for ANYONE).

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
(deactivated member)
on 8/24/10 9:35 pm - Naples, FL
VSG on 09/20/10 with

Do you have a pastor or priest you can talk things through with?  If not, find a local church that you like, most pastors can be there for you and help with support.

God Bless!

Most Active