Atkins Shake Problem

Lala1
on 8/20/10 6:16 am
REALIZE Band on 08/09/10 with

Hello everyone,

I purchased 5 four pack atkin protein carb control shakes yesterday, when I went to drink one this morning the consistancy was like pudding (yuk) it was very thick and even has chunks in it as if it was spoiled. it didn't smell bad, I opened a second one and the same thing. I called Atkins to find out what the deal was, the expiration date is 03/12/2011. after spending about 10 minutes trying to figure out how to get a live person I finally did, (choose the option to ask questions about the product) I was told that Atkins is aware that the vanilla protein shake is thicker than usual this happened because they added too much thickner into it, and it's ok to drink it if you don't mind the consistancy. I told her I mind! so they are sending me a $10 coupon to replace my four pack and advised me to return the other unopened cases back to wal-mart where I purchased them. they said the problem is with the vanilla flavor shakes ONLY and the vanilla shakes in September will be back to normal. I thought I would pass this info on in case you have this problem call Atkins for your refund and or you know per Atkins it's safe to drink if you don't mind the consistancy. After I hung up I thought " does this affect the calories, carbs or fat content" but I didn't ask and didn't feel like calling back. so for now I disgarded the shake and will return the unopened ones. I hope this info helps those of you that use this product!

Tooty
on 8/22/10 10:41 am - Germantown, TN
Thanks so much for posting this!  I was drinking them and the same thing happened to me on a few different occassions.  I thought the same thing...they made me start gagging just from the look of them so I just threw them away...wish I would have called!!  I stopped buying them and just went off shakes all together until last week when I found out Slim-Fast has their low carb drinks back now...YEAH!!!  Higher in protein and lower in calories and carbs I believe!! 

So unless something happens to Slim Fast I will keep buying them for now...
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Lala1
on 8/23/10 8:02 am
You are welcome. I checked out the slim fast ones at wal-mart this weekend i'm not sure if they had the low carb one's available but the one's they did have had too many carbs for me. I tried slim fast many years ago and it use to upset my stomach ao I decided not to chance it again! we all have to find our favorite one if it works for you stick with it!

kimhoke
on 8/23/10 6:16 am
I actually like the Atkins shakes but I am familiar with the thick consistency  that your are referring to.  Another option is Muscle Milk which comes in many different flavors and has 22 grams of protein in an 11 oz container.  The taste is similar to Atkins but better to me.  I think that Atkins only has 15 grams of protein in the same size container.  Just wanted to share.  
Lala1
on 8/23/10 8:00 am
I've been drinking them for a few weeks now and this 4 pack was the first one I had with this unusual thickness. I'm familiar with muscle milk and I like the vanilla but if I remember correctly it has more carbs & fat! I like the diet one but not the Light muscle milk. I hope Atkins fix the problem as I was told that it would be so far thier shakes are my favorite

Most Active