PROTEIN DRINKS

ralphsgirl2
on 8/20/10 12:20 am
I am taking Medifast for my protein drink, but, I have tried the Soy Protein Isolate(unflavored) mixed with 0 calorie water, it changes the color and looks creamy(disgusting) and even though it's unflavored, it's got a certain smell and taste and I just can't get it down.  I've also gone to the vitamin store and gotten Protein water/fruit flavors and they were so sweet(almost tasted syrupy).  I took them all back.

Is there any "clear" protein drink out there that truly has no taste that I'm unaware of?

NaughtyZute
on 8/20/10 4:17 am - Climax, MI
What kinds of things did you drink pre-surgery?

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

ralphsgirl2
on 8/20/10 6:41 am
2 weeks before I had 5-6 medifast shakes a day(no food) and water w/sugar free flavor tubes and that's basically what I'm having now also!

shannonmaysmile
on 8/20/10 9:36 am - randolph, NJ
I liked Isopure.  It had a couple good flavors, some were a little sweet but I just added ice which watered them down a bit.

AnitaMcD
on 8/20/10 11:19 am - So. Orange County, CA
I heard Unjury has a great unflavored protein mix.  I just ordered a sample pack from them today with all their flavors to see what I like - I paid something like $21.00 with shipping.  Here's their link on the unflavored portion.  https://www.unjury.com/reg/unflavored_protein.shtml.  I also ordered Nectar Protein sample (suppose to taste like fruit juices).  It was $24.50 plus $11 here's link where I got that:  http://www.enjoyhealth.com/samples.htm

Hoping I can find something that is somewhat good.  Good luck!

Nectar Protein Sampler Pack
Our "Juice Flavored" Proteins!

Sampler Pack includes Latte Cappuccino, Lemon Tea, Fuzzy Navel, Caribbean Cooler, Crystal Sky, Strawberry Kiwi, Roadside Lemonade, Natural Peach and Natural Orange, Chocolate Truffle, Vanilla Bean and Strawberry Mousse, Twisted Cherry, Pink Grapefruit

NECTAR SAMPLER  14 FLAVORS ONLY $24.50!

*These statements have not been evaluated by the food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to prevent, treat, diagnose, or cure any disease

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

(deactivated member)
on 8/22/10 10:16 am, edited 8/22/10 10:17 am - Savannah, TN
Unjury's unflavored clouds the water, smells & taste nasty. In my opinion. I had to pour it out after gagging down 3 sips. I use the choc, strawberry, & vanilla w/no complaints. The chicken I had to give away...we won't even go there. I am going to just stir my unflavored into jello or soft foods after surgery.
AnitaMcD
on 8/24/10 7:36 am - So. Orange County, CA
Well, I haven't gotten my samples yet, but I hope it's not that bad.  I guess every one has different tastes and that's why they provide samples so one doesn't end up with a whole slew of something that is yucky to them!!   

I should be trying my Nectar and Unjury by the end of the week...

Anita 

Tooty
on 8/22/10 10:45 am - Germantown, TN
Just a tip on the Nectar drinks....I have tried the peach/nectarine flavor and now have the cherry...

Anyway I like them a little sweeter so I add Crystal Light to it as well.  Turns out great!!!
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
AnitaMcD
on 8/24/10 7:37 am - So. Orange County, CA
Wow, good idea.  I wonder if the Unjury is good with Crystal Lite too.  I guess we all need to get creative to improve the tastes!  Thanks for the tip!

Anita 

Tooty
on 8/24/10 7:40 am, edited 8/24/10 7:41 am - Germantown, TN
Welcome...another idea is to use SF Pudding (Vanilla, Chocolate, etc) to the "Milkshake type shakes" to make it thicker, and tastier..might work with the Unjury well....

Edit:  I mean the Dry SF Pudding mix....not pudding itself..lol.  Just add a teaspoon of the dry mix to the shake and mix it in....
Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active