getting rid of the carbon?

robin E.
on 8/13/10 9:43 pm
This is my first post..had realilze banding on WEdnesday..when I am laying down I can take a deep breath, sitting and standing I cannot..could this be thecarbon still and how long does this take to go away??????
betsyD
on 8/13/10 11:58 pm
Hi Robin,
I too am a recent joiner. I haven't gotten any responses from my posts, so I'm hoping we can be friends. I had surgery in May. I didn't have any problem breathing sitting, or standing and I have asthma. I did have a lot of pain in my sholders which to me was the worst part of the surgery tring to wake up after surgery. If it is the same problem I had it took me at least a week before it went away. My doctor gave me so syrup codine to take for the pain. Hope you start feeling better soon and good luck on losing weight.
Betty
MARIA F.
on 8/16/10 3:42 pm - Athens, GA
On August 14, 2010 at 6:58 AM Pacific Time, betsyD wrote:
Hi Robin,
I too am a recent joiner. I haven't gotten any responses from my posts, so I'm hoping we can be friends. I had surgery in May. I didn't have any problem breathing sitting, or standing and I have asthma. I did have a lot of pain in my sholders which to me was the worst part of the surgery tring to wake up after surgery. If it is the same problem I had it took me at least a week before it went away. My doctor gave me so syrup codine to take for the pain. Hope you start feeling better soon and good luck on losing weight.
Betty
Sorry your not getting responses to your post. The Realize Forum is much more quiet than the Lap band forum. If u want a quick response to something u might want to post there since there seems to b a lot more activity on it.

Also u might just PM Tcasola. He is always on the Realize forum and is very knowlegable!

FormerlyFluffy.com

betsyD
on 8/17/10 8:34 am
Thanks Maria,
I did get a nice long response from Tom. He is very helpful. I might just think that things will happen faster than they are, and I'm really not sure of what I'm doing on the site yet. I see there is a place to have friends but I'm not sure how to use it. I am keeping my weight off that I have lost so far . . . just praying I don't put any on before I go back to my doctor in September.  I am trying to be better about a few things that he mentioned to me and I guess I feel better just having someone to talk to.
Thanks for your post.
Betty
Stephanie M.
on 8/14/10 12:49 am
Hi Robin!  Welcome to the boards.  Did they give you a spirometer to do breathing exercises to take home with you??  The inability to take a deep breath is because your stomach is right near your diaphragm and lungs and you may have some swelling and irritation from the surgery.  I had a hiatal hernia repair (a larger than normal opening in the diaphragm that allowed my stomach to protrude into my chest and cause reflux and horrible heartburn) and was very sore in this area and had to do breathing exercises every hour for the first few days post op.  If they didn't give you a spirometer, set a time every hour to take as many deep breaths as you can (lying down or sitting up) and do this religiously.  Re-read your discharge instructions on what to watch for that may require additional medical attention...
The CO2 gas can cause some discomfort too, but most feel it in the neck and shoulder and it is helped by keeping a heating pad on the area of discomfort.  Gas-x strips helped with the feeling of air in the stomach that I had when I would drink anything for the first few days...
Good luck!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Tom C.
on 8/14/10 1:44 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Hello Robin and Betty and welcome to our always increasing constantly decreasing family!! Know we're here for you!!

Robin -- make sure you are doing all the 'after care' requirements set out by your Doctor. This includes breathing exercises, and just exercising. The more you do these, the better you will feel.

Keep us posted how you're doing!! BEST OF LUCK!!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
betsyD
on 8/15/10 2:10 am
Hi Tom, At least I know that other people are now able to read my posts. Thanks for reading it.
Betty
beth21181
on 8/15/10 9:48 am
I had the same issue post op. It will go away. I didn't have any of the shoulder pain that many complain about, mine was all in my chest and it made it painful to deep breath. I found that a lot of walking helped, but mainly the heating pad was my saving grace. I carried it room to room and slept with it for 10 days.

If you are not getting as many responses as you would like on this board try the Lap Band board. There are posters there with both kinds of bands. Good Luck!

Most Active