PLEASE HELP!!

shannonmaysmile
on 8/14/10 1:29 am - randolph, NJ
I am almost a year out from surgery and there has been some weirdness lately.  I have tried calling my doctor 2 times and have yet to recieve a return call.  I have been having a lot of trouble in the AM and night keeping food down.  even water sometimes.  Have also had a very strong acid reflux feeling when trying to fall asleep as well.  I am not sure what is going on, but I am worried.  Now it is Saturday and I need to eat something.  Any advice would be appreciated.  I have heard that stress and heat can tighen your band.  Is that true?  I am a summer camp director so there is a lot of stress and heat. 

Shannon
Tom C.
on 8/14/10 1:48 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Shannon,

Stress CAN make the band be tighter. So can a lot of other things such as T.O.M.; morning bloating; higher/lower elevations, etc.

You may want to try drinking some hot/warm before you eat (remember the intervals set out by your Doctor). This could "open" up and relax the esophagus.

Also are you sure you're getting in your recommend daily allotment of liquids? And with the heat you should drink another 25 to 50% more liquids. Remember they must be caffeine free and no carbonation.

Keep us posted how you're doing.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
shannonmaysmile
on 8/15/10 2:31 am - randolph, NJ
I have been drinking the alotted amount of water per day, but for the past week things have seemed off.  I find that I have been having more stuck episodes and spitting up, especially at night, when I am trying to go to bed.  At this point to do think I am dehydrated.  Thinking of going to the ER.

Shannon

Tom C.
on 8/15/10 2:45 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

You just may be dehydrated, but if you are thinking of going to the ER - I would say go. I rather hear "Oh this is nothing/normal" instead of "why didn't you come/call when it first happen".

Good luck, and let us know what happens.

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
shannonmaysmile
on 8/15/10 9:27 am - randolph, NJ
Apparently I was very dehydrated.  I got quite a bit of fluids via IV and also got 4 cc taken out of my band.  Feeling much better now nd was even able to eat a cup of soup when i got home.  I have a follow-up with dr. Abkin tomorrow AM.  That you for your help.

Shannon

Tom C.
on 8/16/10 9:26 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Keep me (us) posted !!

Tom

Most Active