I'm new here

baghreem
on 8/12/10 12:02 pm
Hello everyone.  My name is Reem and I just had my lap-band surgery August 2.  This was not my first surgery.  Actaully I had my first lap band surgery Dec 2007.  I went back in forth getting adjusted and not losing any weight.  Finally I gave up and stopped seeing my surgeon.  I felt soemthing wasn't right and I'm and soo thankful that I listened to my gut feeling.  Having found a new excellent surgeon, he realized that my band and port were both leaking and caused severe inflamation.  Finally I was apporved for my revision surgery that took out the old band system and placed a new Realize band.  I am really happy its over with, scared, nervous but excited as to whats coming next....which I hope is WEIGHT LOSS!!!!! already 18lbs down and much more to go....
Pixieland
on 8/12/10 9:46 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Reem...I hope all goes well and that you get the results you are looking for. Remember to follow all the band rules and exercize, drink lots of water and get all your protein in every day. This is great place for support and welcome!!
Leslie
baghreem
on 8/12/10 10:51 pm
Thanks for your welcome.  I really appreciate it.  I'm on track so far.  Being that this is my second time around I know EXACTLY what to do and what not to do!!! Just learned things the hard way.  I'm really happy to have found a support center like this.  I think one of the hardest parts to the whole process is that really no one around me knows what Im going through how Im feeling or even what Im takling about when trying to complain!!! It's nice to know there is SOMEONE out there that understands.
Tom C.
on 8/13/10 2:56 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Welcome Reem !! Glad to see you finally joined the DARK SIDE  with the Realize band  !! 

Of course, any band (or operation) is fine.

Just remember to follow the rules, and always know we're here for you !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
baghreem
on 8/13/10 3:55 am
THANKS Tom....i just hope there's light at the end of the tunnel on the DARK SIDE! lol
Most Active