A real WOW moment - NSV

LillieGracesMom
on 8/8/10 12:44 pm
When I first started walking after surgery I had to work my way up to the 4.4 miles I walk at one time nearly every day.  The first time I walked it it took me 1 hour and 21 minutes.  Tonight I walked that same distance (5 months post op and down 87 pounds) it took me 1 hour and 10 minutes.  Down a total of 11 minutes.  Woo hoo!
Thanks for letting me share.
-Heather

rich_in_nfpa
on 8/8/10 2:32 pm - New Freedom, PA
That's awesome, Heather. I've been going to a gym regularly for the last 3-4 months (something I NEVER did before my surgery) and have been tickled at the differences I can see after even that short time. Comparing the settings I needed to use on the machines when I started with what I'm able to do now is amazing. I've still got a lot of flab but I can now tell there are actually muscles under it!

I've also increased the amount of time I'm able to pedal a bike at the gym. I used to have to take stairs one step at a time and rest halfway up. I can now walk normally up and down the stairs -- even carrying a laundry basket. It's still a struggle sometimes to get me out of the house and into the gym but I always enjoy myself while I'm there and feel better afterward.

I never thought I'd enjoy "working out." I even had a T-shirt that said "I get enough exercise just pushing my luck."
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 8/8/10 10:43 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

Heather,

Thanks for sharing !! And CONGRATS !! It's these little "victories" that mean a lot !!

Keep up (and off) the great work !!

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
LillieGracesMom
on 8/8/10 10:52 pm
Thanks Tom.

Rich, congrats on your success, too.  Love the t-shirt, too.  Made me laugh.  Keep up the great work.

-Heather

Most Active