adding calories/subtracting calories

rosesrbl
on 8/7/10 11:15 pm
How many of you log everything and really watch calorie intake?Wow.I just started doing this.I had my band placed Feb 23 2010.I was trying to get in the protein.Now,Ive added adding calories.This is the answer to quicker weight loss.I thought i would try and figure out why I quit loosing.Thought i wasn't eating enough!Ha!Wrong.Writing things down and adding everything up is huge!Do you subtract he calories burned from exercise ?I'm afraid to do that,,but would love too.I love my band!I have lost 42 pounds as of today.
Stephanie M.
on 8/8/10 2:17 am
I have been tracking my food intake since December and it is amazing how things add up!  If you haven't already done so, purchase a food scale.  I got mine at Bed, Bath and Beyond for under $20 and it is amazing to see how our eyes fool us.  With meats I usually over estimate how much a piece weighs...I think 4 oz and it is only 2.5...
Following "band rules" is important too...chewing (x25 per bite) tiny bites, protein first, veggies second and carbs last (if you have room)...eating only at meal times or planned snack times and keeping within your nutritionists guidelines are key to success...
Good job with the tracking, I think you will find it makes a big difference!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

betsyD
on 8/8/10 4:46 am
Stephanie,
I had my surgery on May 2, 2010 and have lost only 26 pounds. I'm not happy with that since I have been following all the rules. I've had two fills one on June 1, of 4 cc's, and the other on Aug. 3, 2 cc's. I still have not restriction at all. I was wondering if you have restrictions yet. My husband had surgery on April 19 but had the Lab Band and had a fill of 3 cc's on June 1, and 2 cc's on Aug. 3. He has a lot of restrictions and sometimes even has problems drinking water. I'm very frustrated because I think that the band is not working and I'm doing all the work and could have done it without the surgery. The difference is we have seen a nutritionist for 8 months and are following her guidelines but I'm losing hope here at reaching my goal which is 140 pounds. I weight 280 at the doctor's office before surgery so we are very close in our goals and what we have to lose. I don't know how to use this site for adding friends etc. Maybe you can help me with that too. I'm thinking this site might give me some encouragement.
Thanks,
Betty
betsyD
on 8/8/10 4:56 am
Hi Rose,
You are doing very good. I'm not counting calories but have for many years and know that I'm eating less. The one thing that I'm not doing is exercise on a reagular basis. I am disappointed that I've not lost more weight. I've lost 26 pounds since May 3rd. Actually I lost some of that weight two weeks prior to the surgery during the liquid diet time. In the last 2 months I have only lost 7 pounds and that is disappionting. Happy to hear that you are doing well. Since my husband has had surgery also (on April 19) but had the Lab Band we have a list of things lot allowed in the house. We of course don't allow any pop, sweets (except fruit), no chips, which were our real problem before surgery. Every time we buy something and realize we are not able to eat it in moderation we ban it from the house. One example is bread. I bought a loaf of bread only to find it almost come in three days. My husband was having peanut butter sandwhiches as snacks at night after I went to sleep. So now bread is banned from our house. We have gone to a nutritions for 8 months and follow her guidelines and that alone is what has helped me lose weight. I have not restriction with the Realize Band and have had a total of 5 cc so far. I'm wondering if you are having any restrictions and feel that the Band is helping to restrict what you are eating.
Betty
rosesrbl
on 8/18/10 1:18 pm
Hi Betty.Yes,I have restriction..with the realize band.My band is 11 cc s.I have 7 ccs.I didn't feel any until i had 7.It was so frustrating.!!!!!Here is the thing...are you getting the protein in??You get that in..it really really helps.That is so important.And the water..mostly I would say..just keep going to the doc for the fills.My restriction is there and it makes all the difference in the world.Do you write down what you eat?That helps tons.You too will get the right restriction soon..and wont believe the difference.Hang in there.Soon,you ll be a  big [email protected]
Most Active