New Here, questions?

Valsdetermined2lose
on 8/3/10 12:58 pm

Hello everyone, ive been on this site for a little over a year now and have done all my research on Realize Band. I have scheduled my first seminar this week and wondering about this process. How long does it take to get an approval from insurance? How did you feel after surgery? I found ths site through a wonderful friend who had WLS last year and has done great  losing weight. I joined to support her but not only for support for myself. I have managed to lose a little weight on my own but after reading sucess stories and seeing  a vision for myself to embark on a healthier life overall , i have decided to take a seat on the losers bench (LOL).

Just wondering if anyone can share thier experience with the Realize band.

HW-267-SW-253-CW-167 I LOVE MY SLEEVE!!!

tbines401
on 8/3/10 10:14 pm - Columbia, SC

The Process demends on the type of insurance you have and your Dr scheduled testing and vists. My Seminar was Sept 9 first appt Sept 11 and my Surgery was Dec 2nd.  This was a very easy surgery for me. After the surgery I felt like I was finally doing something good for myself

MaMa_M
on 8/4/10 2:28 am - MI

I had my surgery Sept 15, 2009. My insurance required 6 month diet/exercise program monitored by a doctor so I had to do that before I could begin the process. Once that was done things went fairly quickly (I went to the seminar before this was completed). I had my endoscopy, cardio and psychology testing done then it was time to schedule surgery.

I would say the most important thing to ensure you get this done quickly is to make sure you know what your insurance required and have everything ready to submit. Then stay in touch with your doctor's office to make sure nothing falls through the cracks.

Good Luck and welcome!

MaMa M

AnitaMcD
on 8/4/10 5:48 am - So. Orange County, CA

Here's how mine went and was pretty smooth since I have high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes:

4/27/10:  Lecture Attended
4/28/10:  Sent letter with history, insurance info, etc.
5/24/10:  First consultation with doctor (could have been sooner)

6/01/10:  Required Dietitian Appt.
6/11/10:  Required Psych. Evaluation
6/30/10:  Insurance approved

7/05/10:  Lab Orders/EKG & Chest X-ray
7/19/10:  Pre-op appointment
7/20/10:  Surgery

So I am about 2 weeks out now and I'm feeling great recovery-wise.  My first fill is scheduled on 8/23/10.  I feel I need more restriction at this point. 

Well, hope that helps!  Good luck...

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Tom C.
on 8/5/10 6:01 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
(1) Each Doctor; state and insurance company has their own rules/regulations concerning WLS.

(2) Each person's after surgery experience is different. I had no pain what-so-ever, yet I know someone who was in pain for a week. Again it depends on the Doctor, and your tolerance.

Good luck on your journey, and know we're here for you.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active