Post -op visit-Excellent results

Jillysmom06
on 8/2/10 3:43 am, edited 8/2/10 3:45 am
Hello all ~

I just had my 2 week post-op visit and I was told I lost 17 Lbs since surgery on the 19th of July.
I am very thrilled, and mostly excited  about being able to now move onto my soft-pureed food.  My hubby and I went to the grocery store on the way home from the docs office to pick up items on the menu....  Not very exciting though, but definitely better than the liquids full time....

The NP cleared me to go back to work so I guess I am off tomorrow a.m. to the office DARN IT!!!!
I very easily could get use to staying at home.

I am trying very hard to think POSITIVE on my weight loss journey.
So far since I started my classes last Sept at the Weight Center I am down 31 LBS... YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HAVE A WONDERFUL DAY EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Pam
Tom C.
on 8/2/10 5:33 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Pam,

GREAT NEWS !! You LOSER  !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 8/2/10 7:43 am, edited 8/2/10 7:47 am
Thank you very much Tom, I appreciate it,
and I am sorry but you can't have my elliptical because I got the green light to use it.  So it will be my new addiction   HOORAY!!!

I love the little guy blowing the party horn!!!!
Stephanie M.
on 8/2/10 6:36 am
Way to go Pam!!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 8/2/10 7:46 am
Thanks so much Steph.....
I say thumbs up too..... I finally broke down tonight and I am having a piece of string cheese.  I needed a different taste in my mouth besides milk.  It tastes so good!!!!!!!!
Have a great night
lisaanne0909
on 8/2/10 10:22 am
 That is such exciting news Pam...good for you!!! I am just starting the liquid phase and already dreading it. Cant wait to be where you are.....keep up the great job:)
Jillysmom06
on 8/2/10 10:43 am
Heah Lisa

Thank so much.  It is exciting, but now I am trying to figure out my day of food for tomorrow at work and I am coming no where near my 60g of protein, I am coming up 15 short even with carnation drinks.  I guess I will do 1 more day of liquids and wait to talk to my NUT on Wed so she can help me out.
I am not quite sure how much to have at a meal either.  I am nervous to start eating anything now....  I will figure it out though.  I am reading maybe I need a higher protein drink than the carnation instant one I have been drinking.

Well keep up your chin, you to will get there, and you will start to feel better everyday......
Have a good night.
bgaylz
on 8/2/10 11:11 am
Congratulation
Jillysmom06
on 8/2/10 8:57 pm
Thank you for your congrats!  I appreciate it

Have a nice day
Pam
LillieGracesMom
on 8/3/10 8:49 am
I hope you don't mind, but I have a list of stuff that I ate when I was cleared to mushies.  Hope the following helps you.

The first thing I ate after I was off liquids was fat free refried beans and they never tasted so good in my life. I also chop up chicken salad real fine and add reduced fat mayo. (Don't get fat free because you do need to get some fat in your diet.) Green Giant has little individual servings of broccoli and cheese or broccoli and carrots in Italian dressing that I pureed and they were so tasty. I bought individual serving sizes of hummus and ate that and it was pretty good. Greek yogurt is filling. I made egg salad and chopped it up fine and that was really yummy. I made enchiladas with chicken, ff refried beans, low fat cheese, and tons of onions and peppers and pureed that and it was to die for. Mashed potatoes, but not too much since it is a carb. I pureed bean and bacon soup from Campbell's, pureed peaches or pineapple (I buy the no sugar added peach cups and puree that.) Low-fat cottage cheese with applesauce is good at breakfast time, as is cream of wheat with artificial sweetener, I use truvia. Scramble one egg with peppers and onions and add a dab of low fat cheese. Any casserole can be pureed. Ham can be chopped in a blender really fine and is good with cooked and pureed yellow squash and zucchini.

Enjoy!
-Heather

Most Active