I had my surgery today!

lisaanne0909
on 7/30/10 9:34 am
 Well I had my surgery this morning, everything went good. I was really nauseous in recovery but I think it was all the pain meds they gave me. I'm feeling better now but I have the tightness in my chest and now I feel it in my back. I thought I read in one of the posts to use a heating pad...is this right?  I hope this passes soon...it is very uncomfortable!!!
Jillysmom06
on 7/30/10 10:31 am

Hello Lisa

Sooo glad to hear that the surgery went well........ I had the tightness in my chest and back for almost a week but it did pass.  I know it is uncomfortable.  Others on this site recommended to me to use a heating pad, drink warm liquids, and walk, walk, & walk as much as you can when you feel up to it.  That is how I got rid of mine......and it did help.....
Wishing you a speedy recovery Lisa
Keep us all posted
Have a good night
Pam

lisaanne0909
on 7/30/10 10:56 am
 Thank you Pam,,,,I hope it's speedy:) How are you feeling at this point?
Lisa
Jillysmom06
on 7/31/10 3:03 am
I am doing great Lisa thank you for asking.  I go for my post op on Monday.
I did very well with surgery and recovery.  I am dying to get off these liquids though, it is getting old.
I will be interested to see how much I have lost since surgery.
I hope that you are having a good day.... Just get your rest!!!!!!
Take care
Pam
Tom C.
on 8/2/10 3:20 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Welcome to the LOSER'S BENCH in our WINNER's CIRCLE !!

How are you feeling today?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
lisaanne0909
on 8/2/10 10:15 am
 Hi Tom,
I've had my ups and downs, thank you for asking. I have been nauseous since Friday and I have had a headache with dizziness and that chest pain. I started my Phase II diet today so I feel better tonight being I got a little more in me besides clear liquids. I think the headache and dizziness had alot to do with no food. It is starting to get better but I have periods of regret....is this normal? Will I feel better about this when I am actually eating food? I called Dr. Abkins office today and they told me I was dehydrated and to drink more but I have a hard time getting it all in especially when I'm nauseous. I just hope it gets better and I feel better about my decision. I keep reading these awful posts on wishing they never did the gastric band and it is making me scared that I went through with it. I know you did very well and I know you said you don't have any regrets so I hope you don't mind if I ask you lots of questions about this whole weight loss journey. You mentioned to PM you but not sure how to do it??? I thank you for asking about me and I really value your feedback:)

Lisa 
Tom C.
on 8/2/10 10:40 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Lisa,

First let me assure you EVERYTHING you are feel is quite normal.

The physical aspects can be caused by not having enough fluids, protein and/or the anesthesia (which has been known to last for close to a month).

The mental aspects are caused by "the unknown". The truth of the matter, none of these operations are the "100% correct procedure". There are pros & cons; success and failures on all of these operations. If there was such a thing as the 100% correct procedure, everyone would be doing it.

As for a PM. You can email me via OH. Just click my name, see my profile, and on the left side choose "send a message" - or send an email to [email protected]. You can also call Abkin's office for my contact info. Ask for Pat or Nino (or Dr Abkin).
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active