Trying an Elliptical???

Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 5:29 am
I am trying to figure out if it would be safe for me to get on our  $$$$$1900.00 "COAT RACK"
that has been screaming for me since my hubby and I bought it last spring..  We both had all good intensions but guess what, IT NEVER GO USED.
what do you all think?
Tom C.
on 7/27/10 8:06 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I love the Elliptical!!!!

I say go for it.  

And remember, if you don't want it, you can always ship it here  
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 8:16 am
Tom ~
I am going to try it in the morning when my Hubby is gone to work!!!!!  That way he doesn't get on me about it, and if I have any discomfort I can stop it!!!!!

I will keep you in mind but I think I will learn to love it.

Anything to keep me motivated because I will be starting the soft & pureed food diet next week YEAH!!!!!
Have a great night
Pam
rich_in_nfpa
on 7/27/10 11:50 am, edited 7/27/10 11:50 am - New Freedom, PA
I would recommend calling your surgeon's office to get clearance from them to begin exercising. Everyone is different but my surgeon did not want me to lift anything heavier than 5 pounds for the first 3 weeks and did not want me exercising during that period. It's been less than 10 days since your surgery.

I really think it would be wise to call your surgeon first. You don't want to risk complications after all the work you've done getting to this point. Better safe than sorry!

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
NaughtyZute
on 7/27/10 8:41 pm - Climax, MI
I agree.  Start slow and wait for doctor's clearance.  I love the elliptical too, but when you first start using one, it sometimes feels like it's walking you rather than the other way around.  Start out just walking slow and easy and be nice to yourself -- when you get tired -- rest.  Once you're feeling strong walking, you'll be ready for more srenuous work outs.  That elliptical will still be there -- if you don't ship it off to Tom, that is.  :-D

Good luck.  We're pulling for you!

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 11:48 pm
Thank you also

I am trying to walk at least a mile everyday and have been feeling great so I don't want to pu****
I suppose I better be kind to myself these next several days until Monday(Post-op) visit so they can clear me to go back to work.......Then I will start it..
Have a great day
Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 11:45 pm
Good Idea Rich~

I certainly don't want to go backwards
Have a great day
Pam
beth21181
on 7/30/10 7:38 am
I got my band the same day as you and my surgeon cleared me for all exercise accept abdominal-straining activities. He also put me on weight restriction longer because I picked up my kids and apparently lengthened my recovery. It's just soooo hard not to pick up my babies. So anyway, wait til Monday and I know your surgeon will go over it with you.
Jillysmom06
on 7/30/10 10:17 am
Good Evening Beth ~

I am hoping to get cleared for everything on Monday.  I have been a really good girl.
I almost moved my daughter in bed last night because she was almost on the floor and I caught myself.  She is a good 41.5 lbs now but solid, so I had to call the hubby up to do it.
It is hard because when they are little they just don't understand very well WHY we can't do what we have been doing for a little while.
We will be back to normal everyday stuff before we know it.
I haven't got on the elliptical yet, I figured I would wait, but I have been walking quite a bit, and now I think I have a heel spur!!!!! It has been ongoing so it wouldn't surprise me......
One thing at a time
Take Care and have a great night
Pam
Most Active