Faint Feeling in morning????

Jillysmom06
on 7/25/10 4:52 am
Tomorrow will be a week that I had surgery  and I am just hoping that this is part of the process.  Until I get going in the morning with my drinks, I feel very weak and almost faint.
Has anyone felt this way in the beginning? 
Otherwise doing just wonderful NO PAIN and the TIGHTNESS is GONE from my chest & shoulder area.
THANKS to ALL for your advise on getting rid of it!!!!!!!!
Considering_It
on 7/25/10 5:04 am
I didn't feel that way at all.  Please call your doctor and Nut for their suggestions. 
Stephanie M.
on 7/25/10 6:58 am
Hi Pam...do you check your blood sugar??  You might need to have some protein before bed, a little cottage cheese is a good way to do this.  I was having high bg in the am until my surgery and then started having low (low 70's) readings and feeling sort of faint.  Early on in this process we are taking in so much less of everything and our blood chemistry undergoes some major changes.  Do you take meds for hbp?  That could be a factor too...either way, should talk to your nutritionist or doctor's office for advice, but try a little snack before bedtime to see if it helps.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/25/10 7:49 am
Hello Steph

No I don't check my blood sugar.  I usually have my last protein shake just before bed.  I don't think I can have the cottage cheese at this point because I am still on liquids (2weeks) until I see my Doc for my post op visit on Aug 2nd.  I have never been on any meds for anything before surgery.
So if I feel the same in the morning I will call the docs office
How are you doing by the way??????
Take care
Pam
Stephanie M.
on 7/25/10 1:36 pm
I'm doing great, ditched the cpap and the blood glucose monitor...I can eat pretty much anything and have an appointment to go in on the 10th for a fill.  Would make it sooner, but we have so much going on, so just eat what I am supposed to and if I get hungry I eat a cheese stick and some sesame crackers to tide me over.  I am anxious to lose more quickly, but have lost over 5 lbs in the 2.5 weeks since I went to the doctor last, so cannot complain!
Glad you are feeling better.
Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/26/10 2:27 am, edited 7/26/10 2:35 am
Steph~
Wonderful!!!!!   Sounds like your doing what you are suppose too
I am sure your doctor will be pleased as well...... So nice to just see the scale go down huh?????
Keep up the great work Steph
Have a great day
Pam

P.S.  HOORAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!Feeling PERFECT today!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tom C.
on 7/26/10 1:24 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Are you drinking your Doctor recommended about of non-carbonated caffeine free liquids (at least 64 ounces) and/or taking in your recommended grams of protein (60 to 80 grams)? How about your vitamins?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 7/26/10 2:34 am
Tom,
I am still on liquids until the 2nd of August.  But I am getting in all of my fluid in between the 8 protein drinks a day.  I am also just taking a multivitamin pill and a (RX- vitamin D) once a week, That's it,  so I am following it all to a tee.....

I woke up today feeling 100% so I am happy.  Hopefully it will stay that way :)
Time will tell

Hope your doing well !!!!!
Take care
Pam
Tom C.
on 7/26/10 2:40 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Happy to hear you're hitting it all - so the last thing it might be is the anesthesia - which can cause side effect for weeks.

OK I will butt out!! Glad you're doing better!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 7/26/10 8:04 am
Tom
Please don't feel like you have to butt out.
You have been great support for me and have given so much great advise to everyone that I greatly appreciate everything you have said, esp trying to help me figure myself out.
Your an inspiration to me seeing your weight loss...
Thanks for your support
Pam
Most Active