tickle in my throat

Angelica M.
on 7/24/10 12:55 pm - Hobart, OK
a couple days after surgery (also had a hernia repair) i developed this crazy tickle in my throat it wont go away with drinking..and since I'm only a week out when i cough it hurts....

any one  else? i was used to this with my hypertension pill but i haven't taken it because i cant swallow pills that big at this pt still (doc says no hypertension pill is OK for right now)....

Tom C.
on 7/24/10 9:24 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
I did not have the same issue as you, however right after the operation I was in no pain EXCEPT an inner chest pain - which also felt my throat. I was perplexed what it could be. After about three days I realized this discomfort was caused by the intubation. Maybe it's that.

As I always suggest, if it continues call your Doctor (that's why they are there and why you PAID for this). I feel it's always best to hear "that's very common" instead of "why didn't you contact us when this first began".

Good luck.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
rich_in_nfpa
on 7/25/10 6:54 am - New Freedom, PA
I agree with Tom. Call your doctor's office and let them know what's going on.

As for me, right after surgery I had a bit of a sore throat and my voice was raspier than usual (I'm usually a little hoarse because my vocal chords have been scarred by acid reflux) and my doctor said that was due to the intubation. It slowly went away (took almost 2 weeks) and I'm now back to my usual level of raspiness.

I wish I had known earlier that my acid reflux was caused by a hiatal hernia the size of Manitoba. Maybe I'd still have my voice and be able to sing. But the doctor I had at the time I found out I had a hiatal hernia said "A lot of people have those -- don't worry about it. Just lose some weight and that will help the acid reflux." He didn't bother to order an upper GI or anything to find out how large it was -- he just focused on my weight. I have a different doctor now but the damage has been done to my voice. Ah well, I was never going to appear at the Met anyway.

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Most Active