is my band to tight?

katra8
on 7/23/10 2:14 pm - Spanaway, WA
I got a fill a week ago. i now have 7cc but everytime i eat a couple of bites i feel like its stuck in my chest then it doesn't pass for a great while and sometimes i throw it back up and i'm talking about 2 small bites of any food. i am chewing my food very well it just feels like it won't pass.the spitting is crazy. i don't think i'm getting enough food. HELP!!
Tom C.
on 7/23/10 9:54 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
(1) CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! I think you may be too tight !!

(2) Try drinking something warm BEFORE eating. This sometimes help "relax" your esophagus (which is a muscle)

(3) How big of a bite are you taking? I always need to ask myself "would I feed this portion to a baby" (and yes, human not hippo )

(4) Before swallowing make sure you chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew (notice it's over 30 times)

(5) Do you have stress, or it is TOM (no, not ME)? This could affect the tightness
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
reggi_67
on 8/7/10 1:49 pm - Florence, AZ
RNY on 09/19/14
Hello...
My band has either been too tight or too loose. When I was at 7cc, I basically felt like I was starving myself. It got to the point where water was coming back up... not a good thing... I would suggest that you make an appointment to see your doctor. I had to start back over with 4cc in my band to get myself use to eating and now I am up to 5cc and feel pretty darn good. I can feel my restriction and my appetite has deminished. I hope this continues so I can loose the weight I put on while my band was resting.
Be sure to let the person whom schedules the appointments know that you think your band is too tight. They will get you in quicker.
Tom C.
on 8/7/10 10:45 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Just wondering how you're doing now.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
katra8
on 8/8/10 7:24 am - Spanaway, WA
still can't pass food very well. i have an appointment with my doc on the 16th so maybe he'll take some of the fill . i throw everything up even liquids and the spitting and difficulty burping is horrible i sometimes have to jump up and down to get a burp out then i throw up. i thought our band stretches out after a period of time but there seems to be no release at all. thanks for all the replys. right now i'm kinda feeling as if i did the wrong thing but i know it will get better. it just has too.
Most Active