Tightness in my chest

Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 8:19 am
THANK YOU

For once I feel good about being a LOSER~!!!!!
AnitaMcD
on 7/27/10 9:38 am - So. Orange County, CA
That's great Pam!  I think I'm down about 10 lbs. since the surgery too (1 week).  I still have those pains though.  I'm wondering if the shakes aren't causing them.  They seem to subside a little, then they come back after I drink that.  Plus, I was told just shakes, no clear liquids.  But I think I am going to try the warm liquids because I keep reading that it helps.  It helps to go on here... *sigh*  Waiting to get off work. in 22 minutes!  I am wiped out today.  I may have caught a cold.

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 10:56 am
Hi Anita~

Are you JUST on shakes???? no other fluid in between them or throughout the day???? I have to do 4 oz of protein shakes every 2 hours (8x a day) then in between them 4-8 oz of clear liquid which I was told decaf coffee, tea, crystal ligh****er, v-8juice, sugar free popsicles, chix broth, sugar free gelatin, or flat diet soda(decaf).   Hopefully this will help but you should call your doc and check on not having clear liquids.  I don't want you to become dehydrated.
I really felt the same way with the pain.  It would come and go at times and then other times it was constant.  It really will pass with time....It is very uncomfortable in the meantime I know.
I also used a warm heating pad when it got bad and that seemed to help me too.  You can try that.
Good luck to you and keep us all posted
Have a good night
Pam
AnitaMcD
on 7/28/10 1:42 am - So. Orange County, CA
Hi Pam, I'm glad you are always here   - it does help coming here.  Jus****er and my shakes.  I see the doctor for first post-op visit on Friday, 7/30.  I also see the dietitian on the same day.  Your method seems more reasonable with the liquids.  I haven't had coffee in almost 4 weeks!  I did have some warm tea last night.  It helped a little, I still have some pain on my shoulder.  It kind of feels like you feel it if you burp (or try to) that's why I know it has to be gas.  Just wi**** would go away.  I just went to bed when I got home from work yesterday.  I think I caught a cold from my son - but this morning, I feel great... I hope that continues throughout the day!  We'll see.  Have a good day - I'll check back later!
~Anita

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Jillysmom06
on 7/28/10 2:03 am
I know I have been dying for my ice coffee so I finally broke down and went to Dunkin Donuts yesterday and just got a small decaf.   I was even afraid to drink that, GOOD GRIEF!!!!! I am going to be afraid to eat every little thing once I get going on soft and pureed foods
Don't you just love kids? They share everything with us when they get sick....
I am glad that you are feeling better today.
You will have to keep me posted on how you make out at the Doc's on the 30th.
I have been praying that your discomfort goes away soon.  Keep your chin up IT WILL!!!!
Have a nice day @ work
Pam
Most Active