Tightness in my chest

Jillysmom06
on 7/23/10 11:00 pm, edited 7/23/10 11:01 pm
Good Morning Tom ~

Yes I actually had my surgery on Monday and I do still have slight tightness in my chest and upper part of my back, just like an aching feeling all day.
I also had NO PAIN after surgery just with the chest and upper part of back.
I am going to try tea today to see if that helps me relieve this.  I really don't think it is gas because I have been walking alot everyday.  Maybe I am doing to much because I feel so great.
I will call the docs office if it doesn't get better.
Thanks for your advice Tom
Have a great day
Pam
Tom C.
on 7/23/10 11:11 pm, edited 7/23/10 11:11 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
While it may not be gas as in natural SELF-MADE gas, it could be the gas they give you to "move things around". Some people suffer with that for weeks. Mostly in shoulder and left arm, but it could be all over.

Good luck and know we're here.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 7/23/10 11:13 pm
Boy Tom

I really think this is what it could be.  It  is not fun.  Feels like I got beat up
:):) Sore
Pam
Carriesun
on 7/24/10 11:05 pm - Hillsborough, NJ
Hi Pam-

After my surgery I was having what I thought was gas pain. It felt like it was trapped between my shoulder blades and chest.  It didn't "move" even with liquids and walking around.  When I called the doctor's office, the nurse told me my stomach was cranky about the band and actually spasming.  She told me to extend the broths and clear liquids for another 24 hours and drink warm tea constantly.  Believe it or not, that made a big difference.  It took another 24 hours but the pain went away.

Unlike my husband, I am shy about calling the doctor. After talking to the nurse though, I realized that is part of the post-op to have those unusual aches and pains, and truly they expect those calls, so don't be shy.  Trust me, it will put your mind at ease and maybe help relieve your stress.

Keep us updated on how you feel!  You should be so proud of yourself!
Carrie
Jillysmom06
on 7/25/10 4:24 am
Thank you Carrie

I actually did do warm tea, and tomatoe juice  like others recommended and a day later it was gone YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That was so annoying to have when you feel so good otherwise.
Thank you for your post
Pam
Stephanie M.
on 7/25/10 4:58 am
Great news Pam!!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/25/10 5:46 am
Thanks Steph YEAHHHHHHH!!!!!
AnitaMcD
on 7/27/10 4:16 am - So. Orange County, CA
I have pain on my left shoulder/neck area.  I think it's gas and it hasn't gone away either.  I have been walking every morning for 30 minutes too!  Is this the same thing you're talking about?

Anita 
                                 [Start:250; SW
:243; CW:218; GW:150]
       ~ Success is achieved and maintained by those who try and keep trying!          

Jillysmom06
on 7/27/10 5:01 am
Heah Anita~

How are you feeling??????I am doing just great.  Yes, absolutely it was the same exact feeling I had and it must have been the gas because it did go away the day after I posted it, so it lasted just about a week for me.........Not a good feeling huh???? Annoying if anything

I just weighed myself last night exactly 1 week out from surgery and I am down 10.5 Lbs from surgery date so I am just shy of 30lbs total so I am soooo excited......
I hope you are having some good luck also!!!!
Keep me posted
Take Care
Pam
Tom C.
on 7/27/10 8:08 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Pam,

CONGRATS ON YOUR SUCCESS !! WHAT A LOSER !!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active