Tightness in my chest

Jillysmom06
on 7/22/10 2:49 am
Wow

I have got some tightness in my chest today, not as much as the past days ,and have been walking like crazy any suggestions to get rid of this sooner.  How long did others experience this feeling?
Lisa Y.
on 7/22/10 3:51 am
I felt better by day 7. I don't have a lot of tips. Just keep walking, drink slowly and take gasx strips. You'll feel better soon. :)

Lisa

Jillysmom06
on 7/22/10 4:14 am
Thanks Lisa

I feel wonderful 4 days out from surgery. The tightness I have I can deal with if it doesn't go away walking
Thanks
Pam
beth21181
on 7/22/10 11:21 pm
I still have some and I have a sharp stabbing pain in my left side. The doc says this is not unusual.
Jillysmom06
on 7/23/10 2:39 am
Good grief hopefully this goes away soon...... Hope you are feeling well otherwise Beth
Have a great day
Stephanie M.
on 7/23/10 3:15 am
Hi there Pam, was checking your post to see if you felt better...still a little tight??  How are your liquids going down, any problems?  Your esophogus might be a bit irritated from your surgery...have you tried warm liquids to see if the tightness eases?  Hope this goes away soon!
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/23/10 5:21 am
Heah Steph

Yeah I still have the tightness but I feel great otherwise....  All my liquids are going down good, I just make sure I go slow.  I haven't tried warm liquids but yeah that may help, thank you.
I am just not a chix broth person so I will have to have some tea or something.......
I got on the scale today and it said I lost 8 lbs since Monday before surgery so I think that is good.
Thanks so much for checking in on me
Hope all is well with you!!!!!
talli01
on 7/23/10 6:07 am - Leominster, MA
Re the warm liquids, V8 juice is really good warm.  You might like it
Jillysmom06
on 7/23/10 11:11 pm
Thank you so much
I have been drinking that without it being warm so now I am switching it today
Thank you for your advice
Have a great day
Pam
Tom C.
on 7/23/10 9:46 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

It’s 2 days later, and how are you feeling?

Question about the “chest pains" is it only when you eat/drink or somewhat constant?

Have you tried “warm" liquids to see if that has helped? If not, is it a tightness kinda like “heart-attack"  (while I never have one, I have an idea what it would feel like) or “big swallow/gulp" tights?

When I first had the operation, I had NO PAIN except an inner chest pain. I couldn’t understand why, then about 3 days later I realized it was caused by the intubation. It may be this.

If it continues for another day, call your Doctor. I am a firm believer in, if something doesn’t feel right call. For me it’s best to hear “that’s normal" then “why didn’t you call us when this first occurred"  

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active