protein shake over 2 hrs???

Angelica M.
on 7/22/10 1:36 am - Hobart, OK
I was re reading my book from the doc and it says that im supposed to take 2 hrs to drink my 8 oz of protein shake! how do you do that? ill never fini**** that way! any tips?
Stephanie M.
on 7/22/10 2:21 am
Take a sip every 15 min...one ounce each.  I couldn't drink them at all right after surgery.

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/22/10 2:30 am
Heah Angel

I know with my directions I am drinking 4oz of my protein drink every 2 hours and then 4-8oz clear liquids in between them
I don't know if that helps you, maybe read your directions again or call your doc's office
Good luck
Pam
Lisa Y.
on 7/22/10 3:53 am
I never did that. It took me about 1hr, then 30 minutes. Now I drink fluids without any problem at all in about 20 minutes.

beth21181
on 7/22/10 11:23 pm
I said forget the protein shake and I have just been drinking water. The protein shakes are gross.

Tom C.
on 7/23/10 9:35 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

** DISCLAIMER ALERT ** EVERY DOCTOR/NUTRITIONIST HAS DIFFERENT STANDARDS !! TALK TO THEM BEFORE INCREASING /CHANGE YOUR INTAKE !!

My Doctor/Nutritionist told me a meal should last 30 minutes (basically because it takes about 25 minutes for the brain to tell your stomach you’re full – no matter the portion size).

And since the Protein drinks are suppose to be a meal enhancement/supplement (depending in what stage you’re in), an 8 oz serving should take around 30 minutes (if you drink 2 ounces every 10 minutes that would be 40 minutes, 3 ounces every 10 is 30, 4 ounces is 20 minutes,  etc).

My Doctor/Nutritionists also told me that these drinks also count towards you daily liquid intake allotment. So for me, I was told to get at least 64 ounces daily, so 16 of these would have been the protein supplement.

Again, everyone is different – so speak to your Doctor/Nutritionists for clarification.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active