1 day out from surgery with blurred vision

Jillysmom06
on 7/20/10 4:45 am, edited 7/20/10 9:31 pm

1 day out from surgery and doing excellent.  My only problem so far is that I woke up this morning and my vision was blurred and couln't read the newspaper,  So I called my doc's office and they have never heard of it before. NICE HUH? Leave it to me!!!
So I had told the RN that when I got admitted they gave me a patch for nausea behind my ear, so she looked it up and sure enough it is a side a effect of the med alond with my mouth being very dry.  So she had me take that off and it should be gone in 2 days. YIPPEE.........

I am excited that the surgery is over with and now I am looking forward to some good  slow weight loss.
I guess the anes stays with you for a while because I am still sleepy.

I want to get back to normal because my mom is also going  into the hosp for her gastric bypass  tomorrow and she will need some support and help too!!!!! I am going slow here because I don't want to screw up anything

Say your prayers for her too PLEASE!!!!!
Thank you
Pam

RV_RN
on 7/20/10 10:37 am
Glad to hear the update and so glad everything is going well, and keep up the good work......take your time and relax,  how exciting to hear the news.  Also good luck with your mom and good thoughts and prayers are with her also.......Looking forward to hearing updates an weight loss!!!  Have a wonderful day and one day at a time

Carol
Jillysmom06
on 7/20/10 9:26 pm, edited 7/20/10 9:29 pm
Thank you Carol

Everything is still going great.  No discomfort at incision or other holes.  The only thing I am trying to get rid of now is the gas that they put in you.  My chest feels really tight, upper part of my back is sore but I am just going to go for several walks to get all this out and I will be fine.  Vision is 100% again THANK GOD, I got nervous.
Have a great day, and thanks for thinking of me and your kind words for mom.
She is all set she has to go in for 10:00 this morning.  Like all of us very EXCITED but nervous too!
Thank you
Pam
Angelica M.
on 7/20/10 11:11 am - Hobart, OK
Great to hear you are doing good!  sorry about ur vision. mine was kind of funky for a day.. but now its back to normal..

Jillysmom06
on 7/20/10 9:28 pm
Thanks Angel

How are you doing today? Are you feeling better?????
Iv'e been thinking about you
Have a wonderful day
Pam
Angelica M.
on 7/21/10 3:11 am - Hobart, OK
aw Ur sweet.

How are you doing today? is your vision better?

today i feel a Lil better.  i only had to have a Tylenol this morning and so far so good. I'm trying to keep hydrated more its just hard to do with one oz but I will .....
kimhoke
on 7/21/10 10:57 am
Hi,
I had surgery on July 7th and my vision was blurry too. Like you, I also had a patch behind my ear for nausea so there must be a connection.  Fortunately, it cleared up in a few days.  Glad to hear that your better now too.  Good luck and take care,
Jillysmom06
on 7/21/10 10:39 pm
Hello Kim

How are you doing??? Yeah as soon as I took the patch off  from behind my ear my vision got better right away THANK GOD  It is a side effect because I called my docs office and she confirmed it was after looking into it while I was on the phone with her.
Good Luck to you Kim
Stephanie M.
on 7/22/10 12:16 am
Pam,
Glad your vision cleared up!  Things like that can be scary!
Steph

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Most Active