Ever feel like going ALL liquid?

NaughtyZute
on 7/19/10 10:17 pm - Climax, MI
I guess my band might be too tight.  There's a very small spectrum of food that I can successfully eat.  Thought I'd die last night trying to eat the delicious beef and dumplings I made .  I had to spit out the foamies and go lay on my left side until I could successfully get some air up.  Then I tried eating a tiny bit more (when I went to put it away) and started the sick, painful process all over again.  I like where I am as far as tiny, tiny amounts of food, but this is hard work to constantly keep in mind tiny bites, chew chew chew, no sticky foods (bread, dumplings, noodles... aka "all my favorites").  This morning I even had to very slowly sip my breakfast protein drink.  It seems to be what I'm tolerating best, so I'm thinking of going all liquid until this last fill (7/16 -- last Friday) loosens up a little bit.  Anybody else had too tight and had it relax?  I had a too tight fill 7/1 and it relaxed in about 2 weeks, so doc put just a tiny bit more in on 7/16.  I don't know how much more... but I'm really tight now.  I mean tiny sips of coffee tight!  And it's weird, I'm complaining, but I wanted a drastic change, now I've got it, but it might be too drastic.  I don't have another appointment with Dr. Pop until August 17th.

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Considering_It
on 7/20/10 3:54 am
It has crossed by mind because the one thing I never have a problem with is protein shakes  I'm really now having a problem since starting Byetta 5 days ago - throw nausau into the mix and you get a pretty good idea of what the past week has been! I was scheduled for another fill on Monday, but postponed it due to the Byetta issues.

Hope things get better for you.
NaughtyZute
on 7/20/10 5:31 am, edited 7/20/10 5:32 am - Climax, MI
Not sure what Byetta is.  Hope you get over your nausea. 

I went at lunch to buy some protein shakes, but the local Kmart in this tiny town didn't have any brands I like.  So I decided to take what I've learned and try something.  So I went to Wendy's and got Asian Chicken Wings.  Thank you Wendy's... they come with a fork and knife.  I cut each piece, one at a time into quarters and then ate half of that.  Chewed really slow and took 2 or 3 minute breaks between bites.  I even had about 5 french fries -- each one took me about 10 bites and swallows.  And I tolerated it really well.  So it's the speed at which I eat and the size of the mouthfuls I WANT to take that is my biggest problem.  someone said baby size bites -- and I know it, and I think it, but I don't always do it.  Slow and small, slow and small, slow... damn I'm a slow learner!

In total I had 4 boneless chicken wings and 5 french fries.  I'm SOOOO cheap to feed now.  The leftovers will probably last me two days.

If you don't like your life, change the way you're living

Considering_It
on 7/20/10 10:23 am
Byetta aside, my bite sizes and amount I swallow is what gets me into trouble.  Every. Single. Time.
I am a slow learner.
Lisa Y.
on 7/22/10 3:55 am
If you are having all those symptoms, your band is too tight.  I'd call the doc and have some taken out.

Lisa

Tom C.
on 7/23/10 10:03 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Yes I cheated and copied and paste this from another post I just answered !!

(1) CALL YOUR DOCTOR!! I think you may be too tight !! eF Aug17th, GO NOW!!

(2) Try drinking something warm BEFORE eating. This sometimes help "relax" your esophagus (which is a muscle)

(3) How big of a bite are you taking? I always need to ask myself "would I feed this portion to a baby" (and yes, human not hippo )

(4) Before swallowing make sure you chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew-chew (notice it's over 30 times)

(5) Do you have stress, or it is TOM (no, not ME)? This could affect the tightness
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active