I can feel the band with my fingers. Problem?

Interested1
on 7/18/10 10:43 pm
Hi all,

I just realized last night, while I was trying to find a comfortable position to sleep in, that I could feel the band with my fingers!  After getting spooked by that, I wondered if that was okay.  Does anyone know?  it's really weird to be able to slide my fingers along and feel the band.   

Also, are you supposed to be able to feel your port?  Because THAT I cannot feel. 

Thanks a lot for your help.!!
Lisa Y.
on 7/18/10 11:57 pm
The band is down too deep for it to be what you are feeling. You are probably feeling your port. I can feel mine.

Lisa

Interested1
on 7/22/10 7:57 am
Youa re absolutely right!  I called the medical assistant and she said it's the port.  Thank you.  I'm getting used to it!

Tom C.
on 7/19/10 6:00 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
While I agree I think you're feeling your port, where are your feeling "THE BAND" (location)? Just wondering.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Interested1
on 7/22/10 7:59 am
Apparently, it IS the port.  It's a couple of linches to the left, and I thought I'd heard it was under the breastbone (i.e., centered.)  Apparently, I was wrong, according the my surgeon's assistant.

So, far life with the band is pretty great.  I feel like I lived a plague (my big appetite) before the band.  yay!
tbines401
on 7/21/10 7:43 am - Columbia, SC
Hi,

I realized just how great I have done when I started feeling my port. Before it was covered in too much fat but I feel my port and I love to know its there and working,.

Most Active