RV_RN
on 7/18/10 6:29 am
Hello, I am very new to this site, I have posted a few things but just wanted to say thank you for the information that so many of you have posted.  I had /have questioned my decision to do this but I know it is for the right reason, for me! my health!   It is nice to see all the sides of what to expect and what does happen pre & post op.  So to all of you thanks, good luck an looking forward to spending time on this site and getting to know people.  I am schedule for surgery 8/24...nervous, excited.  I guess a question I have is how many spouses tend to lose weight along with the person having the surgery?
Have a wonderful day

Carol
LillieGracesMom
on 7/18/10 9:36 am
Hello and welcome!
I had my surgery on 3/4/10 and initially my hubby lost 15 pounds along with me.  However, he has stopped eating healthy and hasn't lost anymore.  (Luckily, he hasn't gained it back, though.)  I do see that he tries to make healthier decisions sometimes, so it is at least a start.  (He's about 100 pounds over weight.)
Best of luck to you on your journey.  If you have any questions, just ask.  That's what we're here for.
-Heather

Lisa Y.
on 7/19/10 12:01 am
Initially my husband lost 7lbs, but he put that back on. He continues to eat ice cream, cheese steaks, twinkies, etc. He is about 70lbs overweight. At this point he has no interest in making a change, and I can't force him. He is supportive of my decision though.

Lisa

Tom C.
on 7/19/10 5:59 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Carol,

I don't have an answer for you - but still wanted to chime in with WELCOME !!! Know we're here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
RV_RN
on 7/19/10 10:48 am

Thanks for the responses, I really enjoy being on this site and seeing what everyone has to say.  Thanks for the support and I hope that I can be of help to others on their journey. 
My husband wasn't real supportive in the begining of this but has really seemed to be looking forward to helping me and supporting me, encouraging me and excerising with me.  Hope he does it will help an if he doesn't I will be running circles around him, hahahaha!!!!
Hope everyone has a wonderful day and looking forward to talking more with people as I figure my way around this website, trying pictures next

Most Active