my first fill nitemare

tonishea
on 7/15/10 7:28 am - NY
i went for my fill on 7/7. my dr decided that based on what i was able to eat that i needed 2cc's added. ok fine.....drank the water and everything seemed ok so i hurried up and went back to work . about 20 mins started to feel terrible. i was unable to keep anything down....not even my own saliva!!! i called my dr and told them and they said for me to just eat ice and come in the next day. so i tried the ice....that didnt work...i was still throwing up every 10-15 minutes on a 96degree day....and my appointment wasnt until 330pm the next day. trying to sleep was a joke...i was waking up choking on my on saliva....i was soooo terrifed i just stayed up the whole nite. i went to the dr and they weighed me again...sumhow i lost 9lbs in 1 day....thought maybe it was their scale so they put me on 3 different ones and it all said the same thing....but to make a long story short...the put so much fluid in my stomach was completely closed off!!!!! the removed some of the fluid and every thing is going well now....i guess my reason for sharing this is to stress how important it is to stay in the waiting room after your fill to make sure all is well....u dont want to go through what i went through.....

patsueham
on 7/15/10 10:19 am - Coker, AL
I know I will...... week after next, I live about 80 miles from my doctor, and I sould be getting close to  my fill point.Sure hope this next fill gets me to my (sweet spot)
SUE IN COKER        
rich_in_nfpa
on 7/15/10 11:33 am - New Freedom, PA
Thanks for sharing your (unpleasant) experience. I've had three fills so far and still don't have good restriction. I'm not sure how long it will take to hit my "sweet spot" but I'm sure I'm getting closer.

I didn't realize it's possible to pass the water drinking test in the office and then have problems later. I've always just left the office after making my next appointment. I think I'll start hanging out there for a half-hour after my fills.

Again, thanks for sharing.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 7/15/10 7:11 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Thanks for sharing your information. It will be invaluable for many *****ad this post.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
dakota3766
on 7/20/10 2:27 am - Buffalo, NY
I am also a Dr. Pham patient. Who did  your fill, Audrey or Nicole?
(deactivated member)
on 7/27/10 1:52 pm - Elkhorn City, KY
My first visits to the dr after my surgery I had a seroma so he removed fluid around the port. My third visit the fluid was gone and i got my first fill  I was 194 He put 3 cc I drank the water no problem. 30 minutes after i left i started feeling so bloated i was misable that everythime i swollowed it came back up. I had no problems with liquids just my own spit i know its gross. So i called the drs office on the way home its a 3 hr drive my appt was late so the dr had left and i talked to the nurse she said i was too tight. I told her i didnt have any problem keeping water down she told me it would get worst and she would get ahold of the dr and for me to come back the next day i would need some fill taken out.
So the next morning at 8 am the nurse called and said the dr would be in surgery until 1:30 and he would met me in his office as soon as he could so i was there at 1:30 the dr showed up at 4:30. I was weighed again i was 192 in one day i lost 2 lbs. I told him how i was feeling and he took out 1.5 of the fill out he said the band would not let him have anymore back i ask him to make sure what i had he said i still had 1.5 in the band and to stay on liquids until Monday to give me time to heal and my port would be sore a couple of days He told me to call and let him know how i am on Monday or Tuesday. I am find now. I go back August 12th i hope he puts the 1.5 he took out back in by then i dont know how long a dr waits for another fill.
I went to my family dr Monday moring to get my bp checked and allergy shot he always weighes me and writes it down (he recommended the surgery and dr) I had lost a total of 9 lbs since my dr visit on Thrusday. I couldnt beleive it. The next time i get a fill i will hang around the drs office awhile to make sure i am ok before leaving!

Most Active