Did anyone get the Single incision surgery vs. the regular laproscopic surgery?

lisaanne0909
on 7/15/10 11:52 pm
 I am getting the realize band surgery on July 30th and I am so nervous. Is there anyone that had the single incision surgery? I am getting that and just wondering how the recovery was? And if anyone has any words of advise to give, I am open to all suggestions:)
Thanks, 
Lisa
BubblinBrwnSgrk
on 7/16/10 1:36 pm - Jacksonville , FL
Hi Lisa,  I had the single incision surgery.   The recovery was pretty quick for me, just a few days and I was actually back to work in a week.  I can barely see a scar at at all from where the incision was made. 

Ms. K <~~~~~~ Just do the damn thing !! 

lisaanne0909
on 7/17/10 3:24 am
 That is good to hear, I didn't want all those little scars all over my stomach so when I heard about the single incision that was what I wanted. I was just hoping it was as good and a fast recovery as I have been reading about. Thank you and good luck in your weight loss:)
Tom C.
on 7/19/10 6:10 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Lisa,

I had the operation over 2 years ago, so I had the 5 little "markings" :D.

As for advice, just relax. Make sure you listen to Doctor Abkin, take notes in the 3 hour seminar, and have your "eating Bible" with you - and you'll be ok.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
lisaanne0909
on 7/19/10 8:28 am
 Are you talking about the post-op class? I didn't have to go to the seminar before I saw the Dr because I already knew I was going with Dr. Abkin but I did have to take that post-op class a couple weeks ago. Did you have any regrets with having this surgery? I'm just so unsure still if I am doing the right thing?
Tom C.
on 7/19/10 9:04 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Not a regret in the world. And being unsure is total normal. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
bgaylz
on 7/29/10 1:01 pm
Hi

I had the SILB on 07/16/10 and the recovery for me was great. I have  not had any pain. I could have gone back to work the next day that how good I felt, but prior to my surgery I did not eat any gassy foods and I drink plenty of water  sipping no straws.
Most Active