Sleeping at night????

Jillysmom06
on 7/15/10 9:36 am
Is it a difficult thing sleeping in bed after just having surgery??????
I know everyone feels different but I was just wondring what people experience.
4 more days and counting before the BIG DAY
rich_in_nfpa
on 7/15/10 11:21 am - New Freedom, PA
I spent a night or two sleeping in my recliner immediately after the surgery. After that I had no problems sleeping in my bed. I'm actually sleeping much better than I used to since I no longer have acid reflux.

Best of luck on your big day. We'll have a seat on the Losers' Bench in the Winners' Circle all warmed up for you. Check in when you get back and let us know how you're doing.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Jillysmom06
on 7/15/10 8:22 pm
Thank you for your post and support.  I kinda figured the recliner might be my way to go at least the first night.  I am a stomach sleeper so it is going to be difficult for me for a while I can see.
Please do save my seat on the Losers Bench.  I will be in touch
Thank you
Pam
rich_in_nfpa
on 7/16/10 3:23 am - New Freedom, PA
On July 16, 2010 at 3:22 AM Pacific Time, Jillysmom06 wrote:
Thank you for your post and support.  I kinda figured the recliner might be my way to go at least the first night.  I am a stomach sleeper so it is going to be difficult for me for a while I can see.
Please do save my seat on the Losers Bench.  I will be in touch
Thank you
Pam
Ah! I almost never sleep on my stomach -- usually on my right side -- and, of course, that's where my port is. My doctor gave me liquid Roxicet for the pain and I did have to take it for a day or so. Actually, my diaphragm hurt worse from the hiatal hernia repair than the punctures or port incision ever did. Laparoscopic surgery really does lessen the pain compared to the old-style "rip 'em open" surgery.

Best of luck.

Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Tom C.
on 7/15/10 7:13 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ
Ditto to what Rich said.

The Doctor should give you some pain pills, which may help. Mine did, but I never had to take them
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Jillysmom06
on 7/15/10 8:24 pm
Tom
It is always good to have them but I am not one to take pain meds so we shall see just what happens.  One more day of work (today) them surgery on Monday.......yeah
Thank you
Pam
Stephanie M.
on 7/16/10 4:11 am
Yea!  You're almost there!  I had trouble sleeping on my left side (port incision) and tummy for a couple of weeks.  I use a cpap, so sleep on my back with it.  I only took a half a dose of my pain meds the first night and a full dose the second night...no more after that.  Now I can sleep in any position and don't even feel the port anymore unless I look for it.  Even went to the chiropractor a week ago and no problem laying on my stomach for my adjustment.
Good Luck Pam!
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/16/10 8:53 am
Thanks Stephanie for letting me know.  I am so use to sleeping on my belly that it is going to be an adjustment for me for a while. You know if you have pain and you really need meds we can't be afraid to use them....... as much as I don't like to.
I just finished my last day at work today so that is it until I get cleared to go back to .....Yeah!!!!

Umass  also called me today to let me know that I have to be at the hospital for 5:40am Monday morning.... OH BOY I will be there in my pj's I think.    I guess I may be one of the first to GET IT DONE!!!!

I hope that all is well with you.....

P.S. I need all the good luck I can get
Pam
Stephanie M.
on 7/16/10 2:35 pm
Hi again, Pam...I checked in at 6:30 and didn't go to surgery until about 9am...depends on your hospital's protocol.  I was in surgery until noon (difficult hiatal hernia repair) and left the hospital at 7:30 pm...it was a rough day.  Be sure to ask for the anti-nausea medication before you head home...they will put it in your IV.
Good luck!

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Jillysmom06
on 7/17/10 3:32 am
Oh I see.....  Actually I believe that when I had my pre-testing I spoke to the Anesthesiologist and she was saying that they could use a patch behind my ear for the anti-nausea that would stay on for a couple days.  So I will certainly make SURE I get something...
Have a great day :)
Pam
Most Active