Surgery Yesterday

KDojahn
on 7/10/10 12:36 am - Marysville, WA
Well I had my surgery done yesterday. Was back there for a while, as i'm glad the doc tested the band because it had a leak in it so she gave me a new leak free one. I even got to see the nasty pics of my insides. But now I'm resting since it hurts to get up and down, and sitting in my recliner with my ice on my tummy. Hoping to go for another walk this morning and one tonight to keep blood flowing. I was trying to find my port yesterday and can't...a little worried but hoping maybe i'm just tooo swollen i can't feel it cause I heard it feels like a marble. Just wanted to give an update. Thank you all so much for the advice last week. got all my foods ready for his upcoming weeks!! If you remember any other advice..i am always 100% open :)

LillieGracesMom
on 7/10/10 6:47 am
Congratulations on your surgery.  I hope all goes well for you and that you heal fast.  When I had my surgery I could not feel my port, either.  Once I lost about 50 pounds I started to feel it and can feel it quite well now.  Once the swelling goes down and you start really losing it will become easier for you to find it, so don't worry about not feeling it yet.
Take care and best of luck to you,
Heather

Considering_It
on 7/10/10 7:30 am
I wouldn't be poking around for it at this time.  Interestingly, it seems lower now because my belly is no longer out as much...I was poking at it last night when I made this observation.
Tom C.
on 7/11/10 2:48 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

WELCOME TO THIS SIDE !! And your seat on the LOSER'S BENCH in our Winner's Circle is all ready for you!!

Good to see your Doctor was diligent enough to check and was able to find an issue early on. That's sounds like a great Doctor.

Good luck on the healing process, and remember we're here for you.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active