I go in for surgery this Tuesday! Any last minute advice?

Interested1
on 7/15/10 9:25 am
Thanks Rich_in_PA,

Yes, the surgery went fine and aside from a very painful "day after," I feel really good.    Thanks for asking!  How's your journey going?  Do you go to any luive support groups?  I'm looking for one.

All the best!

rich_in_nfpa
on 7/15/10 11:09 am - New Freedom, PA
My surgeon has support groups once a month that I attend. I actually started prior to my surgery and I'm glad I did. Hearing from people who had already been through it helped allay a lot of my fears. Now I'm one of the "old timers" and it feels good to pay it back. At the meeting this past Tuesday everyone commented on how much weight I've lost and how good I looked. That really felt great because I still see the "fat me" when I look in the mirror.

Glad to hear you're doing well. I hope you're able to find a support group near you -- they're a big help. Of course, nothing beats the daily support here on OH.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Stephanie M.
on 7/13/10 12:58 am
Today is your big day!!  Good Luck and be sure and post when you are up to it!  I used a heating pad (I know it is July) for the first 3 days for the C02 gas pain in my shoulder and neck.  I also used ice on my incisions (be sure to have a towel or something between the ice and your skin) and the heating pad(for short intervals) to increase circulation in the area.  The pillow for the ride home is essential....really helps.  
Hope you have an uneventful experience!
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Interested1
on 7/15/10 9:31 am

Hi Stephanie,

Thanks for all the excellent advice. That ice was terrific for reducing pain!.  Now I'm meandering around my house trying to keep track of the medicines I've had, my compression stockings when I sleep/nap, and when it's time to eat or drink!

How's your journey going?  Are you involved in any live support groups?

Cheers and thanks for writing!

Most Active