throwing up after surgery

MaMa_M
on 7/7/10 9:41 pm - MI
My daughter had Realize Band on Tuesday. All went well and she did great in the hospital and her first few hours at home. She had water, SF popcicle and broth in the hospital along with pain meds by mouth without any problems. She had broth at home and some SF drinks. Before she went to bed she took her pain meds and two hours later was throwing up. Now she can't seem to keep anything down. We are going to call the doctor when the office opens but I am wondering if anyone else had this experience and what was the problem...and how long did this last?
MaMa M

LillieGracesMom
on 7/7/10 11:04 pm
Most likely it's the pain medication.  It always makes me nauseous, too.  I quit taking it after two days because of that.  The doc game me some anti-nausea medication to take, but I never took it.  I just stopped the pain meds.
Hope she's feeling better soon.
Best of luck,
Heather

Tom C.
on 7/8/10 6:26 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
I can think it's either the meds, or possibility the stomach got inflamed because of the "trauma" of the operation. Also nerves can cause the stomach to "expand" and the band to "tighten" (even thou it's installed empty).

What did the Doctor say?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
MaMa_M
on 7/8/10 9:18 pm - MI
Thanks for your replies...indeed the doctor called in some antinausa meds. She is doing much better!
MaMa M

Most Active