Surgery on Friday

KDojahn
on 7/7/10 6:20 am - Marysville, WA
My surgery date is on Friday! Can't believe the date is actually here. I'm nervous and excited at the same time. I'm nervous doing this alone since my Husband is deploying but excited for when he gets home to show him what i look like. I just want to be healthier and happier. Hoping everything goes good. Anyone have any last minute advice?

Stephanie M.
on 7/7/10 6:32 am
Where are you having your surgery?  Just try to relax and think about the positive change the band is going to bring to your life.  I took a pillow for the car ride home (between my tummy and the seat belt), chapstick for dry lips.   I had to pack as if I were spending the night and had to bring my cpap machine just in case.  Make sure you have sf popcicles, ice chips, broth for the first 24 hours and sf pudding, yogurt and all the foods allowed on your post op diet. 
Good Luck...be sure to post again on this thread when you get home so we know how you are doing!
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Interested1
on 7/8/10 5:11 am
Hi Stephanie,

I just read your reply to the person about to have surgery Friday.  I'm having surgery on Tuesday (in Boston) and your words were very helpful to me, too!!!  Thank you!!  I'm really just worried about the post-op period, namely the possibility of vomiting and depression.  But I guess I, like all the other people posting here, will get through it!!!

Thanks again.
aidansmom2001
on 7/10/10 5:00 am
Had my surgery one year ago this month in Wareham.  No vomiting, depression, very little pain, no complications at all.  It has been an interesting road.  Just now have restriction for the first time so it really is a journey you are embarking on, for sure.  Try to relax.  You are in good hands and the post op is really not that bad.  I was at a softball game (watching, not playing) three days after my surgery.  Walk as much as possible, it does help.  Sip water, broth, etc.  Remember to check in on this site for any questions you may have.  Good luck. 
KDojahn
on 7/7/10 8:41 am - Marysville, WA
Thanks for the replying. I'm having it at Northwest Hospital with Dr. Nicole White.
I will definitely remember all the above. I went and bought some post-op stuff today but realized I forgot some stuff like the broth I was going to buy! Thanks for the reminder. crossing my fingers for a good surgery. Less than 48 hours!
Tom C.
on 7/7/10 10:06 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Good luck and know I am polishing your seat on the Loser's Bench in our Winner's Circle. Keep us posted how things go!!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Pixieland
on 7/7/10 9:26 pm - Davison, MI
I hope all goes well for you.  Remember to drink all your water and walk after your surgery...it will help with the gas.  I'm sure everything will go just fine.
Also...God Bless your husband as he deploys and I pray he comes home to you (the new you!) safe and healthy!
My very best wishes to you both!
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Most Active