never been so mad in my life!

(deactivated member)
on 7/3/10 6:10 am
I had my band done in the states and soon after moved to England (DH is in the Airforce) Anyway i have done well for the first year on my weight loss and never needed a fill... well now I do, i've been stuck at the same weight for the past 5 months but due to my move and everything have not been able to get a fill. I went to a Dr. in Cambridge today and she informed me that the "American" way of the band and the "British" way of the band are diffrent and i need to start eating things like tortillas and whole grain bread, when i explained to her that i don't eat bread, rice or pasta she informed me that i was doing everything wrong and that I should be eating everyday normal things just less of them... and i was like look lady if i could do that on my own i wouldn't need the band!? so basically she refused to give me a fill on this basis .... i really just felt i was eating too much and it was time... i'm not eating bad foods but in-between meals i am finding that i am getting hungry... what should you be feeling to get a fill? am i wrong? i'm so confused!
Heather
Considering_It
on 7/3/10 12:23 pm

Sounds like you are ready for a fill.  Find another doctor...she's obviously not the right one for you!

Tom C.
on 7/7/10 10:45 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

Heather,

I echo the advice on Considering_It and look for another Doctor. It may take another 2, 3, 6, 10 tries until you find the one you like.

However what she said about being an American and British way may be right. What I have learned is that there are NO ABSOLUTES when it comes to bariatric ideology. Each Doctor has their own philosophy.

I know some Doctors who say you can’t drink 30 minutes before, during and 30 minutes after a meal. Another says you can drink up to the 1st piece of food goes into your mouth, but not after you eat. Yet another says no drinking before or during but after is ok. And this is just the beginning, I’ve met some patients who’s Doctors allow them to drink soda. I could go on and on, but why bore you.

Good luck, and let us know how it turns out.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active