PLATEAU BUSTERS DIET

Vivian Prouty
on 6/30/10 11:05 pm - Fort Worth, TX
  Morning Everyone,
I haven't posted this in quite sometime and I know that some of the "newbies" or us vets may be having problems with hitting plateaus in our weight loss journeys.    So here is the Plateau Buster's diet.....and it DOES work !!!   Good luck to you all !!!!

Hugs and blessings ~~~ Vivian

Plateau Buster Diet

How to break a plateau

#1 - Do this for 10 days to break a plateau

#2 - Drink 2 quarts of water a day

#3 - You must have 45 grams of protein supplement and all your vitamins/minerals supplements each day

#4 - You may consume up to 3 oz of the following high protein foods, 5x a day

beef

pork

chicken

turkey

lamb

fish

eggs

low fat cheese

cottage cheese

plain yogurt or artificially sweetened (?)

peanut butter

beans/legumes

You may also have:

sugar free popsicles

tea or coffee

sugar free soda

sugar free jello

broths/bullion (sp?)

crystal light drinks

#5 - If it's not on the list, you can't have it for 10 days!!!!

#6 - Keep a food diary and try to get up to 30 mins of exercise daily

In addition to the Plateau Buster, you can change up your exercise plan as well.  Such as if you are walking, change up things and do other exercises every other day so that you are not doing the same things on a daily basis.  You can also add weights.   Good luck !!!

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.
Vivian Prouty      Obesity Help Support Group Coach  "LOSE IT 4 LIFE"

patsueham
on 7/1/10 5:05 am - Coker, AL
Vivian, I'm going to try this.................but what about the sugar free soda

Thanks,
Sue
SUE IN COKER        
Vivian Prouty
on 7/1/10 5:17 am - Fort Worth, TX
 Hi Sue,

Not sure WHY that is on the list !!!   I did not write this Plateau Buster Diet but it was circulating on the messageboards on OH when I started my  WL journey over 5 yrs ago.   I do NOT drink any sodas at al nor anything carbonated.   I would say....don't do the soda.  LOL  Good luck to you I do know for a fact that this diet works !!!    

GOD GRANT ME THE SERENITY TO ACCEPT THE THINGS I CAN NOT CHANGE;   COURAGE TO CHANGE THE THINGS THAT I CAN;  AND THE WISDOM TO KNOW THE DIFFERENCE !!!!    THIS IS MY DAILY PRAYER.

FAT2FIRM
on 7/2/10 12:18 am
Hi Sue,
 I had Realize band placed in April..I was told NO CARBONATED Drinks what so ever...also I heard that some of the chemicals that are in the SF drinks will cause you to have swelling...so if you are having any swelling at all try cutting these out completely..water water water....(eww but gotta have it!!) My brother was addicted to SF Pepsi and he looked as though you could stick him with a pin (needle) and he would Pop...
I told him about this and he quit drinking sodas and he is doing Great and looks fantastic!!! also; Of course soda in general are full of sodium!!!! Have a WONDERFUL day and GREAT 4th!!! ~~:O)

Mj

terri64
on 7/2/10 4:35 am - Houston, TX
so is that 45 grams of protein plus the 3 0z high protiens...
Vivian Prouty
on 7/5/10 1:12 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Yes I believe so.

Vivian

Tammy G.
on 7/5/10 10:16 am - Indian Trail, NC
diet soda?   My surgeon and my nutritionist have said no carbonation at all.  

Interested in knowing what others have been told about this?

Vivian Prouty
on 7/5/10 1:09 pm - Fort Worth, TX
 Tammy.....I am sorry I did not notice that Diet Soda's was on the list.    Another OH Member posted this for me and I copied it.   It has been circulating on OH for over 5 yrs.   I do NOT do diet sodas either nor do I want others to do them.    Sorry for the confusion !!!

Most Active