Reflux

sharmall
on 6/21/10 5:34 am - Southern, MD
Hi Everyone, I'm 21 months post surgery.  I'm having terrible reflux.  My last fill was March (1/2 cc), it was a little tight.  I had 1/4 cc removed and have been comfortable since.  Now, I'm having a lot of reflux.  Anyone else experiencing reflux?  Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance
xxnikicolexx
on 7/18/10 4:58 pm - Toms River, NJ
I was just wondering whatever happened with your issues.  I have been out of surgery for around 17 months and I haven't got a fill since Jan 10 so all the sudden last week I started having alot of gas pains in my throat like someone was holding it with a closed fist and when I would try and sleep horrible gastric reflux.  I went to the dr. he took 1cc out and the gastric reflux has stopped but i still have  a weird feeling in my throat so I am going for an upper GI on tuesday.  Let me know what you had done or happened?  Good luck
sharmall
on 7/21/10 11:44 am - Southern, MD

I went back to see the doc.  He took a 1/2cc out.  Initially, I didn't feel like it helped much.  I cut down on the dairy products and spicy things. (yeah I know, I wasn't suppose to have spicy anyway)  I also take Nexium.  I'm feeling better now, but still have moments when I get reflux really bad.  I thought my maybe my pouch had dilated.  When we did the fluoro, it was ok.  Sometimes when I eat, I feel like the food sits in a pocket in my throat.  I've even had times where the next day after eating something, I still feel it in my throat.

How did your visit go?  I hope all is well.

xxnikicolexx
on 7/22/10 12:08 am - Toms River, NJ
 I went to the doctore and he took 1 cc out.  Sent me for an upper GI.  Since I am an xray tech i seen that it had stopped all the reflux and it didn't look like my band had slipped or anything.  Before with the 1cc more in i was refluxing bad when I ate or drank.  He thought maybe I ate something that made my stoma swell and therefore it felt like my band was even tighter. 

I haven't had any issues since but I feel like i can eat so much more.  I hope mayb i can go back and get a half of cc put back in to help with that and hopefully it will keep the reflux away still.  Good luck with everything I am glad it helped ... any little bit helped.  Did anyone ever tell you to drink a few oz. of aloe juice before meals and it helps cut the acid in the stomach ... I heard that and googled it.  I would try it if i have a reflux problem again.. look into it maybe. 

Most Active