Binging...

bublegirl1
on 6/17/10 12:09 pm
RNY on 11/10/14
I feel like Im eating so much and maybe its psychological because of what I won't be able to eat after my surgery. But it makes me feel like "am I not ready to do this" I mean Im gonna but did anyone else eat like they were getting a "last meal" in before surgery and still do just fine afterwards? Just getting scared. Thanks!

-Amie

LillieGracesMom
on 6/17/10 1:21 pm
This is absolutely normal.  It's called 'The Last Supper Syndrome."  Everyone goes through some form of this.  I didn't really start mourning all the food I couldn't eat until after my surgery.  (Of course, now I know that I CAN eat any food I want, just in moderation.  Plus, foods that I used to love that were bad for me, don't really hold any appeal to me now.)
Anyway, I would suggest having one last great meal of your favorite foods and then try to cut back before your surgery so you don't enlarge your liver.  You'll be fine.  Once you have the surgery and start seeing the results you will know that you made the right choice.
Best of luck,
Heather

bublegirl1
on 6/17/10 1:55 pm
RNY on 11/10/14
Heather, thank you so much for responding!! I'm relieved to hear its not just me. I have days where I do really good then I go crazy and it scares me. My birthday is the last day before I start my three day liquid diet before surgery so I was planning on going out to dinner and having my favorite tri-tip and chicken dinner. Lol I'm hoping the three full days of liquids will help me to be ok for surgery. I don't plan on going nuts just want to celebrate my birthday with my last meal (at least for now) It is nice to know I can return to foods I like again within moderation and I hope and pray the things that are worst for me won't have the appeal after going through all my liquid phases. I'm so glad I found this site and can talk to people who get it and don't make me feel bad about this kinda stuff. Thanks again!

-Amie

Considering_It
on 6/17/10 10:08 pm
Yep, totally normal.  Don't worry, at some point after your surgery you will be able to eat whatever you want....however, you will probably loose your interest in them due to your lack of appetite or how it affects your band.
BubblinBrwnSgrk
on 6/18/10 12:10 am - Jacksonville , FL
I felt the same way. My surgery was scheduled a week after my bday. I just had my surgery on tuesday.  My family had a big dinner for my birthday at my favorite restaurant.  I ate my favorite meal there.  I didn't overdo it but I was feeling like it was going to be the last time I ate that way.   I enjoyed it, but got right back on track afterwards. 

Ms. K <~~~~~~ Just do the damn thing !! 

bublegirl1
on 6/18/10 3:47 am
RNY on 11/10/14
Thank you all so much!! I feel so much better now! You guys are awesome!

-Amie

SunnyJenny05486
on 6/18/10 7:01 am - Woodbridge, VA
REALIZE Band on 03/10/10 with
OMG I think I had 1000 "last suppers"!!  Towards the end I was so sick of food I looked forward to my liquid diet!! 

I think we've all been there!

Lisa Y.
on 6/18/10 12:10 pm
Totally normal! Go for it. :)
KDojahn
on 6/24/10 4:11 am - Marysville, WA
I feel like i'm in the same place. I keep going oh i won't have movie theater popcorn after..let's have a bite which turns into 20. Now that my surgery is in 2 weeks and i haven't lost nearly as much weight i'm trying to check myself. like last night i wanted smores but told myself no...it's all babysteps i think and i just took another one... Hope you have a wonderful birthday if you haven't had it already :)
Most Active