What a week...

LillieGracesMom
on 6/13/10 10:25 pm
Well, back from Chicago and my sister's wedding.  What a great time with family and friends...however, I did not always make the best food choices the past couple of days.  Today, I am back on track.  I did get to go to the hotel workout room twice while gone, but can't wait to get outside for a walk this afternoon. 

Hope everyone is doing well and will be talking to you all soon.

-Heather

Tom C.
on 6/14/10 1:41 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Heather,

Glad to hear about your trip, and the success you had while away. You sampled some foodies, and I can almost guess you didn't eat in the quantity as you once did, and are back on track. Who can ask for anything better?

Thanks for sharing, and always know we're here.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lisa Y.
on 6/14/10 5:37 am
I'm glad to hear you are back on track. Don't beat yourself up about falling off the wagon, it was a special occassion.  :)

I am going to San Diego in a couple of weeks for about 5 days. I am going to try my best to be on my good behavior, but it's kinda hard when you're living out of a hotel room. Or maybe I'm just making excuses. lol 

Lisa

Considering_It
on 6/14/10 5:41 am
Sounds like a great time.  Don't beat yourself up over the slips...as Tom said, it probably was in a much smaller quantity than it would of been preband.  I bet you even lost weight :P
LillieGracesMom
on 6/14/10 6:03 am
Thanks, guys!  Yeah, I did sample a lot of things that I shouldn't have, but in much smaller portions than I would normally have.  I felt guilty about "tasting" so many things that I knew I shouldn't, but I never did get "out of control."  Went for a long walk today and it felt good to be back outdoors.  Also, glad to be back home so I can prepare my own meals and not be dependent on what is served to me as I was much of this past week. 

Take care,
Heather

Tom C.
on 6/17/10 1:40 am, edited 6/17/10 1:41 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

>> I felt guilty about "tasting" so many things that I knew I shouldn't, but I never did get "out of control."   <<  

OK, this is JUST MY OPINION, but why are you feeling guilty about TASTING things? That’s a part of life. Skinny (what we perceive as “normal") people do this all the time.

As long as you can taste, and move on – then fine. But if you make a habit of it, or this “triggers" you to get “out of control", then avoid it.

Remember, this is a LIFE LONG journey, and a long road to travel – and every now and then we either stumble, or purposely go “off track". When that happens, the major importance is “how we react". If we realize it’s a minor detour, and then get back on track – then YOU’RE LIVING LIFE !!

Think of this – there are 365 days in the year. If you’re good 350 days, you’ll still come out ahead and a winner !!

OK, I am off my soapbox, and I think I spent all my 2 ¢ worth.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active