cannot keep food down and liquids hurt as well

smokedsushi
on 6/13/10 2:09 am
I got a fill a month ago and have seen a significant reduction in the amount of food I eat-it was always tight in the morning so I would drink a protein shake although the last two days I cannot keep anything down, even soup!  I researched the boards and bought papaya enzyme, tried drinking hot tea, etc.  Is it possible for the band to get tighter after a month ?  I am losing weight but only bc I just recently got so tight! I am even taking mucinex liquid to thin out mucus build up that could be causing this tightness.  Help Please!!!
rich_in_nfpa
on 6/13/10 3:31 am - New Freedom, PA
I think the best thing I can suggest is to call your doctor's office and tell them what's going on. You may need a slight un-fill.
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
Considering_It
on 6/13/10 9:33 am
I had this problem temporarily as well.  It was definately stress related, and staying on warm tea for a day and relaxing helped.  When I spoke to my doctor's office, the other recommendation was to take a prevacid, and if the tea and prevacid didn't help, come in for an unfill.  Fortunately, I didn't need it after all.
LittleKathy
on 6/13/10 12:03 pm
I've had the opposite issue. I'm not feeling anything at all. I'm dieting on my own basically. I am calling doctor tomorrow. It's been frustrating from the get-go. I feel fine; I have no pain; I feel like I could eat and eat - I don't - I feel like I could. I haven't lost much weight since the first two weeks after surgery either. I'm very disappointed.

Considering_It
on 6/13/10 10:05 pm
Have you had a fill yet?  You'll get there...be patient  You'll get to restriciton :) 
Tom C.
on 6/14/10 1:52 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
CALL YOUR DOCTOR !!

While I doubt it's anything, it's best to be safe than sorry. Always remember, it's better to hear "Oh that's nothing - it's normal" then to hear "Why didn't you contact us when this first started".

A lot of things could make the band tighter (stress, higher / lower altitudes, etc) also stomach inflammation.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active