One week out...so far so good!

Stephanie M.
on 6/3/10 11:38 pm
Today is the one week post-op mark for me...Thank you everyone for the encouragement and support. I haven't had much difficulty and all of the advice from the message boards has helped so much. I lived with my heating pad and gas-x strips the first 3 days and the "gas" pain disappeared. Honestly the biggest issue I have is irritation from the band-aids I put on after my first shower...literally tore the skin when I removed them for the next shower. I haven't had any on since Tuesday and there are still raised welts and small open sores. I do have antibiotic ointment my PCP prescribes and am going to apply that today to see if it heals up the little sores. Usually works within 24 hours.
I have gradually moved from full liquids to adding a little lean protein to my soups the last couple of days. I stay more full and it helps to reach my protein requirement (45-57 gr per day. I also have eaten some tuna mixed with rf mayo and a little pickle juice. Poached eggs are easy to eat too. I found scrambled eggs feel like lead.
Thanks again everyone. I appreciate all of you!
Stephanie

6-7-13 band removed. No revision. Facebook  Failed Lapbands and Realize Bands group and WLS-Support for Regain and Revision Group

Considering_It
on 6/4/10 5:55 am
Congrat Steph!  You are well on your way :)
Most Active