How many cc's?

kfrashure
on 6/4/10 10:38 am
Hello everyone:

I had my band surgery on March 24 and have lost 23 lbs so far. I had one fill of 3.5cc and will be getting my second fill next week. I have an 11 cc band and wanted to know if there was a number that most people find their "sweet spot."
Considering_It
on 6/4/10 11:03 am
I have had 3 fills and am now up to 9.75cc.  I believe this is my sweet spot.
rich_in_nfpa
on 6/4/10 11:37 am - New Freedom, PA
The amount of fill to achieve the "sweet spot" is different for everyone. The bands are adjustable because one-size-fits-all doesn't work very well. Everyone's anatomy is slightly different. For example, the walls of my stomach might be a little thicker than yours. I wouldn't need as much fill as you to obtain the same sized opening between the two parts of the stomach since my thicker walls would occupy more space than your thinner ones. Some surgeons don't like telling their patients the amount of fill they have because of the risk that they might fixate on the numbers. You know, "My friend has 8 cc's of fill and lost a lot of weight so I want 8 cc's so I'll lose the same amount of weight." It just doesn't work that way.

I'm about 3 months out now and have had two fills so far. I don't know how many cc's I currently have but I know I'm not at my "sweet spot" yet. I'll be seeing my surgeon in another 2 weeks for my 3rd fill. Hopefully, that will get me closer to that sweet spot. My surgeon is one that doesn't like to tell his patients how many cc's he's given them so I probably still won't know how much I have!
Rich -- "One Day at a Time, One Pound at a Time"
(Start: 292.6 / surgery weight: 265.0 / current: 205.6 / goal: 175.0)
patsueham
on 6/4/10 10:28 pm - Coker, AL
I have'nt reached my sweet spot either, and the 20 th will be 5 months out............have not lose any weight either............just the weigt before wls and right after................going for my 4 th  fill on wed. , hope I get to my SWEET SPOT!
SUE IN COKER        
rosesrbl
on 6/5/10 11:46 am
Your story sounds like mine.Mine was done Feb 23.Two fills.Not much weight loss ..till last Wednesday.Wow!I can feel the third one.Ive lost 3 pounds,in 3 days!Its amazing.Hang in there!Congrats on the 23 pounds so far...bet you feel better all ready!
flnurse558
on 6/6/10 5:11 am - Clearwater, FL
HI

I too, had my band surgery on 3/24/10. I have lost 30 lbs so far but seem to be able to eat a lot more than 1 cup of food. I am restricting myself, but am hungry! I got 5 cc's at my first fill, and wasn't scheduled for another untill June 29, but I had to go  before that, so I was filled again May 25th, and got .5 cc. I'm still hungry!!! I go back again on June 29th. Haven't lost any weight this week. So, I think it's an individual thing to find the "sweet spot".

Pixieland
on 6/6/10 9:37 pm - Davison, MI

Hi There,

I have reached my 'sweet spot' with 9cc's in my 11cc band after 5 fills.

Good luck,

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

_Lisa
on 6/8/10 2:06 am - Lexington, KY
Hi there!  I think I'm finally at my "sweet spot" with 10.3 ccs in my 11 cc band.
Kim U.
on 6/8/10 2:03 pm
Different for everyone I'm 11 months out and have 9cc in my 11cc band. I had a sweet spot for a couple months lost it now but still not ready for another fill I'm doing good where I am now even though weigh loss is really slow but i'm happy.
199 here I come! 

Most Active