After-Surgery Diet

SWJ_81
on 6/2/10 8:03 am - AR
I would love to hear from other banders about your diet restrictions after surgery.  I'm hoping that I do not have to be on a liquid diet for long after surgery.  I am getting plenty of protein now (before surgery) with the shakes, but I just cannot ever feel full.  I am hoping that the soft food stage happens fairly quickly.  This is terrible.

CandaceHasCurves
on 6/2/10 9:47 am - Alexandria, VA
 I was on clear liquids--not even shakes--for 10 days post op.

Around day 7 or so was when I started thinking I felt hungry...before that it was more of an emotional/head hunger...

honestly, after surgery you aren't going to need to feel "full"--just a couple ounces will be PLENTY. Don't worry about feeling "hungry" you wont. :)

Good luck!
Pixieland
on 6/2/10 9:38 pm - Davison, MI

I was on clear liquids for 24 hours after surgery and then full liquids for 1 week.  After that I was able to move to soft food for 2 weeks I believe.

You will find that every Dr. has a different protocol as far as the post op diet requirements.  You will have to ask your Dr. what his is.

Best wishes to you,

Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Tom C.
on 6/3/10 9:46 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

For me it was: Clear liquids for the first 48 hours; After 3 – 4 days, I went to the full liquid diet; 2 to 3 weeks I went into the soft-food stage; after one month I was allowed to go onto solid foods.

If you'd like, I can give examples - but remember, each Doctor/Nutritionists have their own timetables and/or guidelines.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active