5 months post op

MISS_YADIRA
on 5/30/10 9:31 am
HI my name is Yadira and i had surgery 5 months ago (12/21/09). i don't post much but I do try and read posts several times a week. There is always great info here. so far my journey has been great. I have completely changed the way i live. Since my surgery i have lost 72 lbs.  I started looking into surgery exactly a year ago. When i went to my first appt i was 296. I lost 20 lbs over last summer. I also lost 12 lbs with my pre-op diet. In one year i have lost 104 lbs.  i currently weigh 192. This is the first time i have been under 200 since my teens. I have gone from wearing tight 24W to 16 in misses. I am a treadmill junkie now. I think that the band is an awesome tool. It does require making the right food choices and excercise. I am committed 100% to my new lifestyle. I am not sure how to include pictures here but i did upload pictures to my profile. REading posts here has inspired me to stay committed to getting healthy. I hope this post helps motivate fellow bandsters. Yadira

My starting weight back in May 2009 when i started getting reading for my surgery was 296-298 lbs. The friday before surgery my weight was 264lbs.

Life is a Beach
on 5/30/10 12:17 pm
congratulations_graphics_7.gif picture by rainbow9286
You are doing fabulous!
 "I may not be moving fast or gracefully, but at least I'm moving!"            
LillieGracesMom
on 5/30/10 10:43 pm
Wow, sounds like you are doing great.  Keep up the good work.
-Heather

standaman
on 6/1/10 3:22 am - Wichita, KS
Great Job!!

Tom C.
on 6/3/10 6:55 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Yadira,

eFn WAY TO GO !! You are doing great, and are an inspiration too many !! Come back often !! 
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Most Active