Had First Fill--6cc!

CandaceHasCurves
on 5/28/10 1:04 am - Alexandria, VA
 So I am 6.5 wks post op, NO weight loss for 5 weeks, so I got my first fill--6 cc!

I know that seems like a lot...if it was too much, would I know it by now?

I'm drinking liquids, no problem...supposed to start pureeds tomorrow...

How long does it take to know if a fill was too much? I'm just wondering, since this is my first...
Candace
LillieGracesMom
on 5/28/10 2:04 am
Sorry to hear that you've been in a stall.  How was the fill?  Did Dr. Anez do it or his PA?  Was it painful?  I haven't had a fill yet and am curious about how yours went.
Hope all goes well for you and that this will kick start your weight loss again.
Best of luck,
Heather

CandaceHasCurves
on 5/28/10 2:31 am - Alexandria, VA
 Hey Heather! I was just thinking I needed to email you!

The fill was EASY! INSANELY so! No pain, what so ever! Didn't even feel the numbing shot! Dr. Anez is amazing, he did it with the nurse assisting.Seriously went very, very smooth. A bit of a Pulp Fiction moment when they have you sit back up, with the needle protruding from your ab to have you drink something! ha! :)

Seriously, tho--no pain. None. Nothing at all.

I'm just wondering about my ability to swallow foods when the time comes...:)

How are YOU? still losing like crazy?
C
LillieGracesMom
on 5/28/10 7:25 am
Yeah, still doing well.  Down 60 pounds now.  Go back to doc next week.  Been trying to walk between 4 and 5 miles everyday (weather permitting). 
Glad that the fill went smoothly.  Hope it helps.  Let me know how you are doing once you get back on solids.  Enjoy the holiday weekend.
-Heather

Jess36
on 5/29/10 5:54 am - kenosha, WI
My first fill was a week ago, and I had 7cc's put in. I thought that was allot, but seems to be going well. Hope you find that your "stall' gets moving! :)
Jordiesmama69
on 6/1/10 3:29 am - Roscoe, IL
 Most of the time, you will know quite quickly if it is  too much of a fill but also keep in mind that it can change even up to 2 weeks later, stick to the right choices and you will be great! This will help your stall and add some new motivation! best of luck on your journey! 
Tom C.
on 6/3/10 6:42 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Just getting to see all these posts - just wondering how you're doing now?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
CandaceHasCurves
on 6/3/10 6:49 am - Alexandria, VA
 Hey Tom! Thanks for checking on me! I'm doing great! I certainly feel the restriction--can't eat more than 1/2-3/4 cup at a time, but I'm having no trouble swallowing--I can even take my synthroid med (about the size of an M&M) whole...so I think we're good!:) I'm still worried that it will become too tight after a few weeks as I've read those horror stories--but I guess if/when that happens we'll just deal with it then. But one week post-fill I'm doing really well I think. :)
Most Active