First fill- anyone else expereince this?

Jess36
on 5/24/10 1:37 pm - kenosha, WI
Hi all. I just recently went in for my first fill. The doctor had to keep adding saline, as my band was not showing allot of restriction. So I was filled with 7 cc's, which seems like allot for the first fill, but I understand wanting the band to be able to do its job. Did anyone else have a similar expereince? Jess
Pixieland
on 5/24/10 9:39 pm - Davison, MI
Hi Jess,

I got 5cc's my first fill...4 more fills later I am at 9cc's in my 11cc band.  I finally have restriction.  From what I have read on this website, 7cc's does sound like alot for a first fill, but if it is working for you I think its great and it will get you to that sweet spot sooner.

Best wishes to you,
Leslie

My mantra:  Each day is an new opportunity to be happier, healthier and better than the day before.  I will live each day with enthusiam and be thankful for the many blessings that surround me. I will do my best to pay it forward whenever possible

Tom C.
on 5/25/10 12:11 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Realize has two size bands. 9cc and 11cc. Hence it could take more saline in one band to get to the “sweet spot" (ex. It will take 4.5 cc for a 9cc band to be half-fill, compared to 5.5cc for a 11cc band to be half-filled).

Now before you freak about the “size" of the band, remember this: all bands (no matter what brand or size) all “close" to the same diameter. It may take a longer time (more saline) for the “larger" band to get that diameter then a smaller band.

With all this said, if 7 cc's is working for you - guess what. IT'S THE CORRECT AMOUNT !!

Let us know how you do.
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Brittnie S.
on 5/25/10 10:26 am - NV
my first fill I got 4 ccs in. I slowly had 3 more cc's added to reach 7ccs in my 9 cc band and then a couple weeks ago I had 1cc taken out and I'm so much happier. every body is different so it might take a while to reach your sweet spot

Jess36
on 5/26/10 9:15 am - kenosha, WI
Thanks everyone for your expereince! ;) So far, my 7 cc's seem to be doing the job! ;)
Lori P.
on 5/28/10 4:09 am - Kenosha, WI
Jess,

I was just cruising the boards because I am home following RNY on 5/24.  I noticed you are from Kenosha....me too  :)      Are you attending any support groups locally? 

SW 212 / Goal 130 / Current 130

CandaceHasCurves
on 5/28/10 8:39 am - Alexandria, VA
Hi! How are you doing? How long has it been now since your fill?

I just had my first fill yesterday--6ccs--so seeing someone else that also had a "large" first fill makes me feel better about it! I feel fine so far, but I'm just on liquids still...you were able to tolerate foods easily after this fill?
Most Active