What happens when you reach your goal?

Dedi
on 5/24/10 12:05 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
I am 37 lbs away from my goal.  What happens when I reach it?  I know I am several months off, but people keep asking me what happens then... and I don't know.  I don't go back to my doctor until Sept for my 1st year check up. 

Don't get me wrong, my goal is 130, but if I end up 115 I won't be sad.  hahaha  I just wonder if there is a way to halt the weight loss so I just don't shrin****il I disapear.

Has anyone reached their goal and maintained it?

Dedi

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

Tom C.
on 5/25/10 12:15 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Dedi,

When you reach goal - YOU CELEBRATE !! I have not reached MY goal yet, but then again I really don't have a goal weight.

Once you do reach your goal, then it's really up to you what you want to do. You can go further down, and then give yourself some "play room".

Once you know where you truly want to be, then you live life "normally". Watch what you eat, but you can try being a little aggressive on some stuff - as long as you know it won't affect you in an adverse way.

Not matter when you hit your goal, know we'll always be here for you !!
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Dedi
on 5/25/10 12:52 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
Well I get that, but how does the weight loss stop?  I would think if I continue to lose weight steadily I would end up underweight, no?

I guess my question is, How do you end the weight loss and level out?  Mind you I am in no hurry to end it anytime soon and if I get below my goal good for me, but there has to be a point where it stops, right?

Dedi

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

Tom C.
on 5/25/10 12:58 am - Mount Arlington, NJ

While it is possible for your body to dictate where is needs to be, for most people they need to do it themselves.

To stop the weight loss, you will need to increase your intake. You will need to eat a sensible amount which will keep you at your goal.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
danlet
on 5/31/10 2:37 pm - High Point, NC
Boy when I get within 35 pounds of my goal, I'm gonna start sending invitations out to the biggest party the south has ever heard of.  Watch out there now..........  That's truly a dream...  I planning on doing it along with my retirement party, which will be in 2012.......  I now weight 271, my goal weight is 150, I started this journey at 328,  so i'm huffing and puffing alone,,, but it's been great........my journey started 2/15, I'm hopeful..
dvolumptious1
on 5/29/10 11:43 pm
My doc told me that my body will simply stop losing weight when its at the point where I need to be. He never gave me a goal weight; he just believes in going hard for as long as you can and losing as much as you can and totally changing your life. He never tells me to restrict myself to any set goal; exercise or otherwise. He only gets disappointed if I tell him I've eaten bread or something...other than that...I'm his poster child for the realize band who is often used as an example when he talks with his other patients.

Left the band and rocking with RNY.
They say I have an eating disorder but I say, I have my eating in order.         

Most Active