New to the block

jmo.1976
on 5/23/10 1:08 pm - Nashville, TN
I had my surgery a week ago.  This is definately going to take some time to get used to.  I am having problems getting comfortable at night in bed.  Is that common?  Will I be able to sleep on my stomach again?  Help!
Dedi
on 5/24/10 12:10 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
You will be comfortable before you know it.  Those first few days afterwards were a pain the rear, but eventually it will all get back to normal.  Remember your body just went through a major deal and it isn't used to it.

I found it easier to sleep with a body pillow so that I could roll over towards my stomach, but not actually lay on it.

I was also luckly in the fact that my dr only made two cuts to do my band, one under my rib and the other in my belly button.  So I might be talking out of my rear because I didn't have the 4-5 cuts that most people get.

I just resently had another lapo proceedure where this doctor did 3 cuts and I haven't had any problems with comfort past the part with all the gas and pain meds.

Good luck

Dedi

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

jmo.1976
on 5/24/10 5:10 am - Nashville, TN
Thanks a bunch Dedi. 
LillieGracesMom
on 5/24/10 5:17 am
I slept reclined in a Lay-z-boy recliner for the first few weeks.  It helped.
-Heather

Mskinitsha
on 5/24/10 8:21 am - Houston, TX
Yes, it will get better. I am 6 wks out and I am now able to sleep on my stomach with no problem at all. Sometimes I forget that I even have a band because everything is pretty much back to normal. Except the amount of food that I am able to eat (of course). Good luck.

Kinitsha

jmo.1976
on 5/24/10 10:37 am - Nashville, TN
Thanks so much for the feedback everyone.
Tom C.
on 5/25/10 12:12 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
How you feeling today? Is it getting better?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
jmo.1976
on 5/25/10 12:58 am - Nashville, TN
I was able to sleep on my side last night hugging the body pillow.  I think I slept in that position all night because I woke up in that position.  Thanks for all the support.

Most Active