Swelling

Lisa Y.
on 5/21/10 1:29 pm
Have any of you gotten swelling around your port site after getting a file?  I'm talking about the size of a half dollar.  I'm wondering whether or not I am having some kind of reaction.

Lisa

Considering_It
on 5/21/10 9:49 pm
Nope, call your doctor.  Probably has something  to do w/ the trauma you endured.  Try putting some ice on it.
OneRedKansan41
on 5/22/10 7:46 am
On May 21, 2010 at 8:29 PM Pacific Time, lyarnall wrote:
Have any of you gotten swelling around your port site after getting a file?  I'm talking about the size of a half dollar.  I'm wondering whether or not I am having some kind of reaction.

Lisa

Whenever I get a fill, it kind of stings a bit but so far I have not seen any swelling

Tammy G.
on 5/22/10 10:30 am - Indian Trail, NC
Never had any swelling.   Is it red, feel warm or hurt?    If yes - I would call the doctor sooner rather than later.     Otherwise I would call on Monday for sure.

Lisa Y.
on 5/22/10 12:17 pm
Yes, it's bruised, red and warm.
OneRedKansan41
on 5/22/10 3:13 pm
Well, I would give a phone call to your Dr on Monday morning.. just in case there might be an infection.
Tom C.
on 5/25/10 12:42 am - Mount Arlington, NJ
Did you speak to your Doctor about this?
Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Lisa Y.
on 5/25/10 1:37 am
No. The swelling went down, now it's just bruised and a little itchy. I go back again in a week, so I will mention the reaction I had then.
Most Active