So - the deal with the sweet spot???

Boston Bander
on 5/18/10 10:54 am
I have 7 cc's in my 10 cc band....

4-5 oz of protein and some veggies does fill me.  I have to pace myself to get it all in during some meals.

However, 3 hours later I'm hungry.  That's a problem when I eat lunch at 1pm and then don't eat dinner till 6pm or somtimes 7pm.  

My doctor wants me to eventually eliminte snakcing entirely and just have my 3 meals.  That's impossible right now.

So.......I'm guessing this isn't my optimal restriction.  Even though I'm full off my meals....I can't survive off 3 meals.  But if I go tighter...will I have trouble eating my full 3-4 oz AND veggies??

Ahhhhhh - why is this such a guessing game??? 

kgjohannes
on 5/18/10 11:55 am - Lawrence, NJ
Boston-
I might be new at being a bander myself (2 weeks post-op tomorrow), but I'm not new to nutrition. Perhaps you'd do well to consult an RD, if you haven't already. I understand a surgeon advising not to eat between meals to keep the calories down and to help you continue losing. But if you're not eating every 3-4 hours you might be slowing your metabolism; not a good idea.

what if your snacks were a low-carb protein shake? i'm a big fan of Iso-pure. it's a great brand of whey protein. I have the powder and a clear drink. both have zero carbs, and just about 4 oz of either is quite filling.

Good luck!

patsueham
on 5/18/10 1:10 pm - Coker, AL
that's how it is for me, i did talk to my nut. today and she stated that i may want to go back to the liquid diet, i may for a day or two, i'm leaving for the beach on monday so when i get back i think i will do that for sure,,,,,,,,,,but i hope in june i get to my sweet spot
SUE IN COKER        
Most Active