9.75cc!

patsueham
on 5/18/10 5:39 am - Coker, AL

I am right there with each of you............had my band 1/20/10 have had 3 fills.....1. 3cc....2. 3cc
3. 1cc so thats 7 for a 11 cc band. And no I'm not losing! Called the nut. today she said to go back to the basics so that is what I'm doing. For 2 of my fills they did the (What I call sonagram)
this may not be right........BUT I'm wonder are they getting it in the port............oh how I want to get to the sweet spot...........going to the beach next monday and don't want to worry about gaing!

SUE IN COKER        
Considering_It
on 5/18/10 7:15 am
I can see the restriction watching the barium flow through the band.  Restriction slows it down greatly.
Twinels2
on 5/18/10 11:30 am - Morgantown , PA
I am scheduled for my 3rd fill on 5/27. I also see the nut that day. I had 4 cc the first time and 3 cc the second time. I have a 10cc band. I wondered the same thing as you. If I only have 10 cc max what will happen if it is full and I don't have restriction. My doc says that for a "small" women like me, LOL,,  it may take 4 or 5 fills to get the sweet spot. I am guessing he will put 1 cc or less this time. I have no restriction to speak of. I have to stop myself from eating, I haven't had a stuck episode or any vomiting ect.. so far. 
Shrinking Sharon 

Monica C.
on 5/22/10 5:48 pm
I have had 2 fills and I dont have much restrictions.  I am at 5 cc.  I talked with my doctor concerning the band and I feel like I have to control my eating and the band does not give me the restriction I was expecting.  My doctor was not very supportive and told me he would give me 1cc more and after that I would not get a fill for a long time/months.  His plan was more centered around eating high protein, no carbs, exercise to the point of exhaulstion 7 days a week for at least 30 minutes.  I never have heard of someone doctor being very resistant to giving them fills but..... I am the exception.   

granmmy54
on 5/23/10 9:36 am - Bangor, PA
I had my band put in on 3/22/10 & so far have had one fill at 5 cc.  I have a blood clot that developed after 2 weeks out of surgery, so my doctor is trying to give me less fills then the norm as he called it.  I also do not fill full,  I do not seem to realize my full moment.  I will be back to see the PA on June 2nd & hope she will have some answers as to why I'm hungry and not lossing.  Your post has given me much to think about. 

Good luck in finding your sweet spot as you state.  I still wish I had gone for the DS procedure instead of this one.  I have very little will power & hate to excerise.  Hope I did not make a mistake with this lab-band.  Do you ever feel this way? 
dtb55
on 5/23/10 12:45 pm
Everyday, I feel like I have failed with the band, because I'm not feeling any restriction and I'm not losing.  My surgeon tells me to be patient , that we will eventually hit the sweet spot and that everyone is different.  I'm trying to be patient, but its hard.  I guess we all need to hang in there.  I appreciate the information we get from this forum.

Denise

Most Active