Clothing Exchange

rvbrat2
on 5/12/10 9:43 am - Lake Elsinore, CA
I would like to find someone or a group that provides a clothing exchange. I am 10 months post op from having the Realize Band & have lost 48 lbs as of today. It is such a GREAT feeling to have my old clothes not fit & this time it's because they are too big : )

I have several pieces of clothing in sizes 24 - 20 that are in like new condition, many never worn or maybe just once (capris, jeans, skirts, dresses, coats & shoes in size 8 1/2 & 9). My clothes are in style no grandma styles here.lol

Would anyone be interested in exchanging clothes if you don't live too far ? I currently wear a size 18/16.

Please let me know. I can send pix if anyone is interested & if you could do the same then we would know what style is available.

Thank you,

Lisa

shaybutter
on 5/12/10 12:39 pm - Charlotte, NC

Lady, that is an excellent idea.  It really would save a lot of money. I've unfortunately already given almost all of my clothes away. But, my best friend was losing weight too & was smaller than me so I was catching her things for a while.  Now, I've passed her & I'm about to give her some of my things.  It's been a blast.  Good luck!

wontfly
on 5/13/10 10:18 am - VA
That is a great idea.  I have been taking my clothes that are like new to my tailor and she has made them LIKE NEW!! And it is soooo much cheaper than buying new!
Just a thought
Twinels2
on 5/21/10 11:25 am - Morgantown , PA
Maybe we should make a suggestion to OH to set up a board just for clothes swap. We could post what we have and what we need.
Like swap tree does for books
That would be amazing. I have been giving all my clothes to my sister because she was bigger then me and so far has been a size behind me but, I have some size 18 clothes that are like dress pants ans such that she didn't have need for. I am going down to
a size 16 now. Most of my pants are a 16. I also have some size 2x shirts I think. 

Most Active