Question - Crackers, Bread, etc.

Lisa Y.
on 5/8/10 10:42 am, edited 5/8/10 10:43 am
I just had my surgery about 4 weeks ago, so obviously I have not had any crackers or bread yet. I know a lot of you don't eat bread of any kind, but thats not going to work for me long term. 

What I want to know is when you started eating crackers, bread, etc?  And what brands you recommend.

Thanks!
Lisa

LillieGracesMom
on 5/8/10 1:15 pm
After 4 weeks my nut. told me that I could have a couple saltine crackers if I wanted, but to wait for other crackers that have more fiber in them until after 2 months.  At 2 months I started eating 1/2 slice of white whole wheat bread with some chicken salad and I have had no problems with it.
Hope this helps,
Heather

Tom C.
on 5/8/10 9:33 pm - Mount Arlington, NJ

You’re not going to like MY answer, but it was almost one full year before I introduced breads, crackers etc back into my diet. FOR ME those things are trigger foods, so I stay away from them. However everyone is different. Ask your Doctor or Nutritionists. Other advice, make sure the breads aren’t normal WHITE toast. Use grain breads and make sure your TOAST THEM !! I cannot eat breads unless they are toasted, or it gets stuck.

Good Luck on your Journey !!

Tom

“Nothing I will ever eat will give me the feeling I get as when I lose weight”  The views expressed are based on my own experiences - and should NOT BE FOLLOWED IN LIEU OF DOCTOR’S ADVICE/INSTRUCTIONS. Only your Doctor knows your condition, and make sure you talk to them before making any changes to your diet
Tooty
on 5/17/10 11:22 pm - Germantown, TN
Bread and toast were/are out of the question once I reached my "sweet spot."  I do eat crackers, I like Wheat Thins or other multi-grain crackers... 

Cathlena - 39, 4'11"   Start - 210  3/31/09    BMI  Start: 42.4    
 LilySlim - (OdX3)
Most Active