One month out and need menu advice

Capricek
on 5/4/10 12:51 pm - Riverdale, GA
Okay...  

So its been four weeks since my surgery and I'm need some sample daily menus for soft foods. I'm not a good planner, so some ideas on breakfast, lunch, dinner and snack would be great!
Pre Surgery Weight: 265 

LillieGracesMom
on 5/5/10 5:51 am
The first thing I ate after I was off liquids was fat
free refried beans and they never tasted so good in my life.  I also chop
up chicken salad real fine and add reduced fat mayo.  (Don't get fat free
because you do need to get some fat in your diet.)  Green Giant has little
individual servings of broccoli and cheese or broccoli and carrots in
Italian dressing that I pureed and they were so tasty.  I bought
individual serving sizes of hummus and ate that and it was pretty good.  Greek yogurt
is filling.  I made egg salad and chopped it up fine and that was really
yummy.  I made enchiladas with chicken, ff refried beans, low fat cheese,
and tons of onions and peppers and pureed that and it was to die for.
Mashed potatoes, but not too much since it is a carb.  I pureed bean and
bacon soup from Campbell's, pureed peaches or pineapple (I buy the no
sugar added peach cups and puree that.)  Low-fat cottage cheese with applesauce
is good at breakfast time, as is cream of wheat with artificial sweetener, I
use truvia.  Scramble one egg with peppers and onions and add a dab of low
fat cheese.  Any casserole can be pureed.  Ham can be chopped really fine
and is good with cooked and pureed yellow squash and zucchini.
Hope this gives you some helpful ideas.  Best of luck on your journey!
-Heather

Lisa Y.
on 5/5/10 11:16 am
I am only pureeing food if I have to. I am just cutting things up small and chewing very well. I haven't had any problems.

Tonight I had some chili with fat free cheese on top. Yumm. I made it before surgery and froze it in individual servings. Perfect if you need something fast and easy. Plus tons of protein.

Last night I had 1/2 a small baked potato with butter buds and a small piece of grilled swordfish. The nice thing about fish is you can cook a regular size piece and break it into the appropriate serving size very easily.

I also like making omlets with fat free cheese and vegetarian sausage. Brown the sausage. Then put the egg (or egg beaters) in the food processor with 1oz vegetarian sausage (low fat and high protein) and chop fine (you can add veggies if want too). Make the omlet as you normally would, add cheese. I like to do 2 eggs and save half of the omlet for lunch the next day.

I hope this helps. I am in the same place as you and am looking for ideas as well. 

Lisa

Capricek
on 5/5/10 12:19 pm - Riverdale, GA
Thank you much for the ideas... everything sounds so good!!! I'm going to try the recipes this week!!! 
Pre Surgery Weight: 265 

JennYoung
on 5/7/10 10:31 am
I ate somewhat regular foods; mash potatoes, hamburger steak, omlets, rice lots of meat...cut very small & chew...and then chew more.
Dedi
on 5/16/10 12:18 am
REALIZE Band on 09/03/09 with
Look at the realize site for recipes.  They have a lot of ideas and you can determine what you can blend or not.  I lived off mashed potatoes and refried beans for a long time.  I also added rice to cream of chicken soup which was very good... blended of course.

Good luck and enjoy the journey.

Dedi

Dedi

260/243/128.8/130

Most Active